• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

B619

Can someone fill me in? All this talk is scaring me. My recruiter supposedly submitted my package but the thing is I still have to give him a receipt of my name change on my social card to match my papers. He says that it's ok to submit now and I can give the receipt next time but I was hoping to have it in his hands before the board convenes

Kees

SNA Select
Can someone fill me in? All this talk is scaring me. My recruiter supposedly submitted my package but the thing is I still have to give him a receipt of my name change on my social card to match my papers. He says that it's ok to submit now and I can give the receipt next time but I was hoping to have it in his hands before the board convenes

A bit of advice based on my experience:

When a recruiter says "I have submitted your kit," it typically means that it has gone to his or her processor. If you are missing a piece of paperwork--such as a name change receipt--there is a possibility that your kit is sitting on your processor's desk, not at the board.

I was told on three separate occasions that my kit was "submitted" only to find out my kit had been sitting on my processor's desk for 2-4 weeks at a time, awaiting paperwork (not saying the same is true in your case). If I were you, I'd ask your recruiter to verify the location of your kit in the cRIMS tracking system. That will either give you peace of mind or confirm that you need to pull whatever strings you need to in order to procure your name change receipt in a hurry.

Processors and recruiters alike have a lot of kits to deal with and it is easy for an applicant to temporarily slip through the cracks in the midst of everything. Remember, it is your future at stake so you need to do whatever is necessary to stay in the loop with your kit.

I hope this helps. Best of luck. Cheers!

Kees

SNA Select
This seems like enough reason to not give up now. If you still mean to become a Naval Officer first then all is not lost. It seems like you have the right attitude too. Cheers!

I absolutely want to be a Naval Officer, and I honestly believe that I have been called to become a Naval Aviator. I've worked my tail off for the last 8 years just so I could apply to the program. I'm not about to let a few administrative errors/issues keep me from seeing this through. I will go through Hell and back for a shot at Naval Aviation.

As the old adage goes "nothing good comes easy," and I know that these trials will ensure a greater appreciation for what I am about to accomplish.

exNavyOffRec

A bit of advice based on my experience:

When a recruiter says "I have submitted your kit," it typically means that it has gone to his or her processor. If you are missing a piece of paperwork--such as a name change receipt--there is a possibility that your kit is sitting on your processor's desk, not at the board.

I was told on three separate occasions that my kit was "submitted" only to find out my kit had been sitting on my processor's desk for 2-4 weeks at a time, awaiting paperwork (not saying the same is true in your case). If I were you, I'd ask your recruiter to verify the location of your kit in the cRIMS tracking system. That will either give you peace of mind or confirm that you need to pull whatever strings you need to in order to procure your name change receipt in a hurry.

Processors and recruiters alike have a lot of kits to deal with and it is easy for an applicant to temporarily slip through the cracks in the midst of everything. Remember, it is your future at stake so you need to do whatever is necessary to stay in the loop with your kit.

I hope this helps. Best of luck. Cheers!

very good explanation on what "submitted" can mean, unfortunately I have the feeling many OR's don't know how to use CIRIMS.

I never lost a kit, saw an OR I worked with right when I started lose one so I made sure I never did, I was OCD on my kit tracking.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
very good explanation on what "submitted" can mean, unfortunately I have the feeling many OR's don't know how to use CIRIMS.

I never lost a kit, saw an OR I worked with right when I started lose one so I made sure I never did, I was OCD on my kit tracking.
Any thoughts on the postulations of a 25 Feb board convening?

thuntfx2

My processor emailed me today and said he was sending my kit today before noon. I really hope that if the board met today he meant he sent it electronically or something instead of by 7 day mail. Any thoughts?

AmericanJoe

By the time I tried to open the link for RUFi0181's thread about NFO boards meeting today it had been deleted. Anyone see it and know what it said (besides the obvious)? Anyone know why it was taken down?

B619

@NavyOffRec @Kees What are CRIMS exactly? I want to make sure I know what I'm saying and that I get a straight answer from my recruiter so I can be at ease. He did tell me he sent it to his processor so with the info I am reading now, that's some kind of half ass answer I got from him. I want to get to the point and know that my package is safe at the board's hands so what else can I do exactly? And if I do get my receipt to him by tomorrow am I still in the clear?

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec @Kees What are CRIMS exactly? I want to make sure I know what I'm saying and that I get a straight answer from my recruiter so I can be at ease. He did tell me he sent it to his processor so with the info I am reading now, that's some kind of half ass answer I got from him. I want to get to the point and know that my package is safe at the board's hands so what else can I do exactly? And if I do get my receipt to him by tomorrow am I still in the clear?

CIRIMS is the system that all paperwork is loaded into, and then "moved" electronically from one person to another, the processor puts it in CIRIMS. Once the paperwork is given to the processor it has to be reviewed for completeness, then it goes up for signature and review by the OPS/AOPS then the processor sends it to NRC, then the NRC processor reviews it and sends it to the PM who then reviews it and "sends it to the board"

B619

Thanks for the info. The best question I can ask him now is to find out if that paperwork is out of the prcoessor's hands and into the board

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
AmericanJoe post: 771072 said:
By the time I tried to open the link for RUFi0181's thread about NFO boards meeting today it had been deleted. Anyone see it and know what it said (besides the obvious)? Anyone know why it was taken down?
Said the board gathered today and He wouldn't check our cirims status

Surf

pilot
Has anyone started reading the OCS gouge? I try to get 10-15 minutes a night before turning in.

Surf

pilot
Just faces of ocs and all the info on their website
The website is actually where I got the gouge from, it has all the procedures and memorization items. Although I have watched those videos more than I'd like to admit...