• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Has anyone started reading the OCS gouge? I try to get 10-15 minutes a night before turning in.
I started hitting it pretty hard over the weekend before realizing that I still have months to go, so there's really no need to cram quite yet. I did learn the songs, though. The Navy Hymn is quite nice, I hadn't heard it before.

Surf

pilot
I started hitting it pretty hard over the weekend before realizing that I still have months to go, so there's really no need to cram quite yet. I did learn the songs, though. The Navy Hymn is quite nice, I hadn't heard it before.
Are you waiting on your FINSEL? Or do you have a date already?

jander12

pilot
FYI, my OR just read off of CIRIMS and it says my package is "at board" for aviation... that leads me to believe there is in fact a board happening now. Any reason it wouldn't mean a board is going now?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
From my minimal knowledge when it's rolling boards it could sit with that status from the time it reaches the PM to the time the board actually meets. Feel free to chime in anyone.

jander12

pilot
From my minimal knowledge when it's rolling boards it could sit with that status from the time it reaches the PM to the time the board actually meets. Feel free to chime in anyone.

That's correct. At board means your kit is just there.

My package has been at board for a month. No big deal.

Thanks for the info. I'm in a "tough" position (a good position, but tough). I was pro-rec Y for IW recently, but SNA was my "1st choice." If a board was going on NOW, I'd like to wait to see results before accepting IW (just so I have all options in front of me before making a life-long decision). But, given the sound of the responses, it may be prudent to accept IW now and not wait around for what "could be."

Connie

If the news we heard was accurate, the results for SNA and NFO should be given within 1-2 weeks. If it is possible for you to wait before accepting IW and SNA is what you really want, I would personally ask my OR if I could think about my decision for a bit before making my choice.

David0619

Thanks for the info. I'm in a "tough" position (a good position, but tough). I was pro-rec Y for IW recently, but SNA was my "1st choice." If a board was going on NOW, I'd like to wait to see results before accepting IW (just so I have all options in front of me before making a life-long decision). But, given the sound of the responses, it may be prudent to accept IW now and not wait around for what "could be."
I vote you take the IW :) That way it opens up one more pilot slot haha

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
im pretty sure you have the option to wait and see the results before you decide so another words why not

David0619

If the news we heard was accurate, the results for SNA and NFO should be given within 1-2 weeks. If it is possible for you to wait before accepting IW and SNA is what you really want, I would personally ask my OR if I could think about my decision for a bit before making my choice.
I just would wonder why he would even put that up if it wasn't 100% true? I think that is a good sign that they are convening at this moment. Then again, it could be a 12 year old messing with us all too.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I just would wonder why he would even put that up if it wasn't 100% true? I think that is a good sign that they are convening at this moment. Then again, it could be a 12 year old messing with us all too.
NavyOffRec suggested that if it comes from DIVO or Rufio chances are its good info...back to push ups