• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I turn 27 October 27th.. My OR thinks that if I'm selected in the April board, I should be able to get an OCS class date before July 27th... which would give me the 3 months to complete OCS before my birthday.
Provided you don't roll. I knew a guy that turned 27 (Non-prior) the day before graduation.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
What happened to the guy?
Was to old for aviation so he got put up for SWO and was selected. Didn't want SWO so he DOR'd and I believe he planned to reapply to OCS with a different designator.

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
Is anyone checking this forum every 30 mins hoping it blows up with Pro-Recs? Or am I losing it...

I'm surprised you cad go that long. It's a slow day at work so I feel like I've been checking in 15 min intervals

I turn 27 October 27th.. My OR thinks that if I'm selected in the April board, I should be able to get an OCS class date before July 27th... which would give me the 3 months to complete OCS before my birthday.

Im pretty sure Ive seen some threads on airwarriors about non priors getting age waivers for being just passed the 27 cut off

Surf

pilot
I had to inform my recruiter today that there was a board; "how'd you find out!!!". the office was thinking April..so I assume I'll be one of the last of us to find out
Same, my recruiter thought I had a mole inside Millington! She had not heard of AW before I told her

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
once again caught myself passing time by working on that damn spreadsheet. Feb. applicants dont mind the new script if it pops up. Its more for the April applicants and future users of the spreadsheet to guide them.

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
You should really throw that in your sig, I'm sure it will become a piece of work that will be used for many prospects in the future.

I've got a couple questions and maybe some of you can answer them,
1) If/When we are notified about being Pro-Rec Y, does that essentially mean we've got a future slot at OCS barring any legal/medical problems?
2) Does anyone have an estimated time table on the Aviation pipeline? as in time from Pro-Rec Y -> FS Letter -> OCS Date -> beginning primary? (I've heard of around 4 months OHARping?)
For example what is the time table looking like for people who have recently gone through the process and are either in OCS now or OHARping

Danke.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
You should really throw that in your sig, I'm sure it will become a piece of work that will be used for many prospects in the future.

1) If/When we are notified about being Pro-Rec Y, does that essentially mean we've got a future slot at OCS barring any legal/medical problems?
2) Does anyone have an estimated time table on the Aviation pipeline? as in time from Pro-Rec Y -> FS Letter -> OCS Date -> beginning primary? (I've heard of around 4 months OHARping?)
For example what is the time table looking like for people who have recently gone through the process and are either in OCS now or OHARping

Danke.
Strictly hearsay but my recruiter was saying you dont have a slot until you get the FS because that is the document slotting you for OCS. Also said OHARping is only if there is a backup(?). Plus those of us with no flight have to go through some flight school before we can go to ground school I believe so time table seems to be different for everyone.

exNavyOffRec

Danke.

1) essentially yes
2) it varies, be flexible, a few people in the aviation pipeline now have said many months doing OHARP is somewhat normal.