• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
You should really throw that in your sig, I'm sure it will become a piece of work that will be used for many prospects in the future.

I've got a couple questions and maybe some of you can answer them,
1) If/When we are notified about being Pro-Rec Y, does that essentially mean we've got a future slot at OCS barring any legal/medical problems?
2) Does anyone have an estimated time table on the Aviation pipeline? as in time from Pro-Rec Y -> FS Letter -> OCS Date -> beginning primary? (I've heard of around 4 months OHARping?)
For example what is the time table looking like for people who have recently gone through the process and are either in OCS now or OHARping

Danke.

I would also love to hear of some feedback on point 2 about time table estimates. What is the norm following a Pro-Rec Y?

headinclouds

I would also love to hear of some feedback on point 2 about time table estimates. What is the norm following a Pro-Rec Y?
From my understanding there is no standard. Some people get held up on FS letters, others get orders in less than a month. Flight school is usually the same. Some people get right into IFS and then go right into API others have been OHARPing for months.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
You should really throw that in your sig, I'm sure it will become a piece of work that will be used for many prospects in the future.

I've got a couple questions and maybe some of you can answer them,
1) If/When we are notified about being Pro-Rec Y, does that essentially mean we've got a future slot at OCS barring any legal/medical problems?
2) Does anyone have an estimated time table on the Aviation pipeline? as in time from Pro-Rec Y -> FS Letter -> OCS Date -> beginning primary? (I've heard of around 4 months OHARping?)
For example what is the time table looking like for people who have recently gone through the process and are either in OCS now or OHARping

Danke.
Holy hell...just focus on the Pro-Y and then OCS. Don't shoot to far ahead. Most of the OCS DOR's that I saw were Aviation and trust me I thought they were going to do better than me.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Since anyone can edit this, it's smart to have some form of administration.

Can we have different editing permissions on pages within the same excel sheet?

Then the "admin" could phase in changes on the restricted sheet every once in a while to prevent data loss.

I think you can either have full edit, or just viewing it, so there isn't no specific permission I can assign. There's a way to restore it to a previous history, so if everything is wiped due to someone's screw up, we can fix it.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would also love to hear of some feedback on point 2 about time table estimates. What is the norm :rolleyes:following a Pro-Rec Y?
You keep asking a question that no one can answer. There is NO norm. Time between phases from package submission to start of primary, are always going to vary widely for each applicant.;)
From my understanding there is no standard. Some people get held up on FS letters, others get orders in less than a month. Flight school is usually the same. Some people get right into IFS and then go right into API others have been OHARPing for months.
Spot on, also, crank in flying weather, and aircraft availability (maintenance) downstream in the pipeline. All these factors are dynamic, and unpredictable. You can get a rough feel for the progress times you seek, by reading all the individual experiences of applicants here on AW. It really varies from one applicant to another!:confused:
BzB

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Yes. It is a voluntary program. People learn fast if this is for them or not. I would focus on getting selected then memorizing the OCS gouge BEFORE reporting then focus on OCS. You have awhile until you head to Pensacola. It may only be 3 months but you could be waiting for a few months until you even start OCS. You still have a lot of hoops to jump through.