• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
The old sikorsky quote...If a man is in need of rescue, an airplane can come in and throw flowers on him, and that's just about all. But a direct lift aircraft could come in and save his life

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Also, here's a great documentary that was on National Geographic about the USAF Para-Rescue. It's similar to PBS's Carrier, but follows actual rescue missions.

*View discretion advised.*

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:mad::mad:
The old sikorsky quote...If a man is in need of rescue, an airplane can come in and throw flowers on him, and that's just about all. But a direct lift aircraft could come in and save his life
Most 'pointy nose' dudes have little love for the mighty "Clopters", until they've had their sorry ass saved by one.:eek: Don't ask me how I know!;)
Fetch 53-1.jpg
SH-3A "Fetch 53" - 1966

BzB

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
:mad::mad:
Most 'pointy nose' dudes have little love for the mighty "Clopters", until they've had their sorry ass saved by one.:eek: Don't ask me how I know!;)
View attachment 13447
SH-53A "Fetch 53" - 1966

BzB
And I feel like I may be more satisfied scooping those 'sorry asses' out of the water:cool:...plus the cases of free beer I hear they get lol. Those 53's are beasts. Gotta get that Pro-Y now