• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

TylerAV8

I also asked my OR about needing an interview and he told me that it was not needed. I am non-AD, non-prior. Are these interviews something that we can request? Does the OR not want to schedule them because of the added paperwork? Can NavyOffRec, Rufio, or DIVO chime in on this one?

The interview is an option to better your packet. You can do a max of 3 interviews with either active or retired Officers (I'm not sure about enlisted). I myself did 3 interviews with Officers that I personally know. It's a different form than the recommendation form (DD370?). You receive a score out of 10 for each interview. At least thats how my packet was.

brogdawg32

The interview is an option to better your packet. You can do a max of 3 interviews with either active or retired Officers (I'm not sure about enlisted). I myself did 3 interviews with Officers that I personally know. It's a different form than the recommendation form (DD370?). You receive a score out of 10 for each interview. At least thats how my packet was.

Why would any recruiter not suggest you do them then?

brogdawg32

I jus asked my recruiter about them and he said they're not instructed or taught to do them for pilot/NFO.

He said for things like Intel they are told to, and if there was a problem with drugs or alcohol.

Said he's going to ask around and make sure for my particular packet that it won't be of benefit otherwise he'll schedule it

exNavyOffRec

No Idea. I think my interviews were a huge help for my packet. 2 retired 0-6's and 1 active 0-8. My recruiter encouraged me to do them.

When I went through OR school a few people said officer interviews YES, then info from the board including a senior member (O-6) who while at my NRD for a visit said they carry little if any weight if they haven't seen you "in action", this was backed up by the fact that people who had below average application with officer interviews were still not picked up, but anyone with a good application was picked up.

reFLYluwasch

pilot
When I went through OR school a few people said officer interviews YES, then info from the board including a senior member (O-6) who while at my NRD for a visit said they carry little if any weight if they haven't seen you "in action", this was backed up by the fact that people who had below average application with officer interviews were still not picked up, but anyone with a good application was picked up.

The LOR from my current employer/retired USAF Major probably had more kick for my kit than I thought if I understand you correctly.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Congrats on all of the pro-rec Y's gents!

Just found out this week that I in fact missed this board, hopefully you guys left some SNA spots open for the next one. My only consolation was that I got a civilian job with a prominent defense/aerospace company this week, something productive to do while I wait for a future OCS date down the road. Good luck everyone!

I really wish I could've been part of an OCS class with you guys... I'm certain you will all make me proud to be a part of the Navy. Here's to hoping I get to salute you all one day...