• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I'm happy to be selected and have the opportunity to become a Naval Officer. I was told their might be a possibility of switching to SNA, either at OCS or flight school. I'm not holding my breath on this chance but I wouldn't pass it up either. I'm ok with either one or I wouldn't have applied to them. No word about final select or a class date. My recruiter asked me for an availability date, now all I have to do is get a separation/resignation date of my current commission from my CoC and he said they will slot me sometime after that date.

28 M
LT/O-3 US Public Health Service, 2 years tis
BS and MS in Microbiology and MBA
54 6/6/6
Regulatory microbiologist with the FDA, 3 years
in Little Rock

Thanks to everyone for all the info here, it is very helpful.

Supposedly when if a ton of pilots get NPQed they will start asking people who took the full ASTB if they want to switch. Not sure how many people went through with it though.

Oh, and as a prior officer that is going to go one of two ways:
- You'll get pulled into their office along with any prior senior NCOs and told that you guys have to set the example, etc
- You'll be called a fake officer or something and given lots of "special" attention.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Active Navy Enlisted 7yrs/ prior Army 5 yrs
30/M
3.8 Nuc Eng BA
5/5/6 52
last evals MP/EP/EP

Applied for NFO/Intel/SWO-IW
pro boarded for NFO
Bupers says yes for NFO july 24 board results

Can anyone tell me is this is the yes for being selected? And whats next?

I submitted my packet myself and I called everyone I know to find information and I have none yet. I don't have a recruiter because I'm active duty and I know more than my command career counselor at this point.
Any info would be great!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Means you have been professionally recommended by the board for a NFO spot. You now wait for a final select letter with your OCS date. This can take 2-6 weeks. Sometimes longer if waiting on waivers or medical.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Means you have been professionally recommended by the board for a NFO spot. You now wait for a final select letter with your OCS date. This can take 2-6 weeks. Sometimes longer if waiting on waivers or medical.

Thanks for the info. So awaiting final select as you are!

Superman1996ta

Supposedly when if a ton of pilots get NPQed they will start asking people who took the full ASTB if they want to switch. Not sure how many people went through with it though.

Oh, and as a prior officer that is going to go one of two ways:
- You'll get pulled into their office along with any prior senior NCOs and told that you guys have to set the example, etc
- You'll be called a fake officer or something and given lots of "special" attention.

This is pretty much what I expect to happen. I figured they would see prior, then see PHS and go what the F. Which is ok, I get it, PHS is not the Navy or even really militirestic regardless of what we say. I'll be listing to the real prior service people as much as I can to pick up as much as I can. Defining what our commissions are is a sticky wicket. It depends on the terms you use. PHS is uniformed (1 of 7), which some take/means to equal military, some don't, but we are not a part of the armed forces. It the CFR/US code if it says uniformed or military we are included, if it say armed we are not.

I was a direct commission as a JG thanks to my degrees. Most PHS are medical people, all are direcct commission. We do have a very short officer basic course now, but we are commissioned from day one or our orders, not when we finish the officer course. So in a way I think the transfer wasn't possible by saying it was a problem trying to go from restricted to unrestricted works (I have a very limited understanding of this by the way) and due to my commissioning source or lack there of. If I had transfered into medial as a microbiologist everything would have transferred over.

ctm214

And the last horse crosses the finish line...

(NRD Philly finally got Pro Recs out for SNA)

Time to celebrate!

And for those who were not selected:

We must accept our failures with:

CTFly1

The latest published board dates I can find still reflect IDC/NA/NFO/SWO boards all being in December. Anybody see any updates to that?

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
This was my experience exactly. I was in for the March board, which would have been 14 months out for me. NRD St. Louis let me put the package in, but NRC would not accept it until 12 months. Got world of my PROREC for SNA/SNFO on May 8th, which is almost 12 months to the day from my graduation day.
So I just talked to my OR, and he said I'm going to apply six months out!!?? It used to be 18 months... Is 12 months the limit or is six months normal?

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
This may be a little premature, but has anyone heard/received anything regarding their Final Select letter?
I spoke with the OCS fleet processors and they said they are running at least 3 weeks to get a final select and that is considering the docs do not need additional information. Also inquired about OCS dates and he said it would be this calender year but can't speak to definites due to medical clearance being required.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
Finally heard back and I am PRO REC X for SWO. I was told by the SCPO I talked to that all May 2014 graduates have to wait until Dec board for SWO, but can apply for SNA and SNFO. They told me SWO has to low of a quota to pick people that possibly won't be through until the first or second class of FY15.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
So I just talked to my OR, and he said I'm going to apply six months out!!?? It used to be 18 months... Is 12 months the limit or is six months normal?

See the post above, I didn't see yours until after I had posted. I was told by a SCPO today that SWO is six months and SNA and SNFO is one year.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I spoke with the OCS fleet processors and they said they are running at least 3 weeks to get a final select and that is considering the docs do not need additional information. Also inquired about OCS dates and he said it would be this calender year but can't speak to definites due to medical clearance being required.
So if both of those are done then at least 3 weeks?