• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

definitely more nerve racking questioning whether or not they have already made a decision on whether we're in or not! ahh just a few more days :eek:)

blangman1

Tell me about it. I barely missed May's board, to catch June's. I was ready yesterday to throw the deuces to my current employer. I can't imagine a sweeter Independance Day weekend than at the lake with friends and a SNA pro rec' under the belt.

adhermes

wow, just wow. So I was submitted in april, didn't make the may board for SWO, guaranteed to be seen this month for SWO, and just informed today that I didn't make this month's board either. What in holy crap is going on. I'm so ticked, this waiting and waiting just to be SEEN on the board is complete bullcrap. I have been promised twice now that I would be on the current month's board just to be be let down right when I get excited.

batesdl

wow, just wow. So I was submitted in april, didn't make the may board for SWO, guaranteed to be seen this month for SWO, and just informed today that I didn't make this month's board either. What in holy crap is going on. I'm so ticked, this waiting and waiting just to be SEEN on the board is complete bullcrap. I have been promised twice now that I would be on the current month's board just to be be let down right when I get excited.

The same thing has happened to me as well until June. I finally made June. I have been trying to get to the boards since Feb. Did your OR happen to say the board was on time?

Bates

adhermes

he said it has been a NASTY rumor that the board was pushed back. the board was on time. we should all be hearing soon.

batesdl

he said it has been a NASTY rumor that the board was pushed back. the board was on time. we should all be hearing soon.

That's Cool! I just wished there were other ways to find out instead of just your OR. My OR is on vacation until June 29th. Ifigured there would be a number that you could call or a posted list online?

Bates

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.

I concur, my OR confirmed I was being seen at the board yesterday, and that it was held on Monday. So we should start seeing some victory posts here in the next day or so...hopefully before I get onboard my flight on Sunday.

I knew that didn't sound right about Millington having power issues, etc. But I've heard stranger rumors and I've also heard more plausible ones...just not when I was up for consideration, which makes it all the more evil.

damcrac

Final Select NFO
Hang in, most of us have been waiting about a month or more now, couple more days is all that is left. When I get excited or nervous, It just fuels my motivation to continue training. I can barely move my chest/arms today because I was nervous yesterday. Tomorrow, it might be hard to breathe from all the ab work I'm doing today.

Most importantly, Good luck to ALL applicants.

turns out that the board did in fact get pushed back until next week - I talked with a very helpful and knowlegable Rear Admiral and she confirmed that destructive weather pushed the board back. i told her i was very anxious & excited and she told me to hold that until next week! just one more week ....... ah!

blangman1

I'm not wanting to claim credit. I'm merely making light of an otherwise stressful and anxious time for a lot of folks. The shenanigans of the process are hilarous at times, considering the fate of people's futures lay in the outcomes.

adhermes

EXCITING NEWS!!!!

"Austin,

I just spoke to LT Chris Brown, and he confirmed you were at the June SWO board."

me--> "Does that mean the June board has already met"

RO --> "No, it didn't meet yet"

me --> "So, I guess that rumor that the board was delayed WAS true!!"

RO --> "Yep, power outages at HQ in Millington shut everything down for a few days."

so the good news is that i am being seen! (yey) but the bad news that we will be waiting some more (boo). Oh well, for me its still a huge win.

SWOHopeful

EXCITING NEWS!!!!

"Austin,

I just spoke to LT Chris Brown, and he confirmed you were at the June SWO board."

me--> "Does that mean the June board has already met"

RO --> "No, it didn't meet yet"

me --> "So, I guess that rumor that the board was delayed WAS true!!"

RO --> "Yep, power outages at HQ in Millington shut everything down for a few days."

so the good news is that i am being seen! (yey) but the bad news that we will be waiting some more (boo). Oh well, for me its still a huge win.

Que blangman

blarged

ready
haha, sucks that you guys have a delayed board, but the thread is pretty funny. You can see people's personalities shining through as everyone gets more and more anxious.

Just a few more days of waiting when you have already put in months of work in to your application. And for those that do get selected, more waiting on final select, and for those that don't get selected, more waiting to resubmit your application.

But just a word from experience, if you go to the board a second time, the wait right around board meeting time will be much easier :)