• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!
As far as I know, Tennessee (Nashville) has not received notice yet. Not really southeast, but just thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one still waiting to hear.

hope you guys hear soon! it stinks that you guys have to wait so long :eek:

question - what does it take to get final select? i asked my recruiter when she told me I got SNA, but she said just to enjoy the moment! I did email her to see if I need to do anything ... I'm just so anxious to start this new chapter as I'm sure everyone is.

once final select, how long for an ocs date?

damcrac

Final Select NFO
This is just coming from what I've read. So this is not the end all info as to your question.

After pro rec, you go to meps for your physical. Once that passes, then you take the PRT, and wait for your background check to open. Once all 3 of those are done, then they will start processing your final select. From there it seems like the OCS class date is about 2-3 months after you receive your letter. At this point, seems like sept/oct/nov from the dates we see others posting.

Once again, this is what I've read from others, not my experience, and may not be 100% accurate.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
I graduate in December and was Pro Rec-ed for SNFO, does anyone know the first class date of 2010?

I got ProRec'd back in April and FINSEL letter is on the way..I have a FEB21 OCS date. Im sure there's classes before then but I wanted some time off...

This is just coming from what I've read. So this is not the end all info as to your question.

After pro rec, you go to meps for your physical. Once that passes, then you take the PRT, and wait for your background check to open. Once all 3 of those are done, then they will start processing your final select. From there it seems like the OCS class date is about 2-3 months after you receive your letter. At this point, seems like sept/oct/nov from the dates we see others posting.

Once again, this is what I've read from others, not my experience, and may not be 100% accurate.

Thanks damcrac - ive done meps and i already have a secret clearance ... i was wondering why my recruiter hasn't scheduled the prt yet! i wrote her an email yesterday so ill try in a couple days. thanks for the info

blangman1

Any insight into the delay with results in some of these southeast states? Atlanta-region is still claiming no June results out yet. I realize things are lower and slower in Georgia but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang ya'll.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Congratulations to all!

BA - Int'l Relations 3.2 gpa
53 ASTB
Strong let Rec
Arabic study abroad in Middle East
Plenty of volunteer work

Package completed in February 09. All hope were nearly lost till two days ago when I got a phone call.

Intel-Pilot-SWO

I was pro-rec'd for both Pilot and SWO. I haven't heard about intel.

Question:

Do I have the power to choose between pilot and SWO or is that entirely up to the Final Select committee?
You get to choose which one you want.

blackjaw

Gouge check on this one. I always heard that you will get your first choice you were pro-rec'd for.

I'm pretty sure its the order you put it in. After I got my pro-rec I was curious on the other board results and was told it didn't matter what the other results were as I received my first choice. Not sure if that is a rule for my NRD or in general.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
I'm in Ohio and I have only heard a no go for IW. I'm still in the dark concerning Intel & Supply, so it's not just the Southeast...

tyrone

I'm pretty sure its the order you put it in. After I got my pro-rec I was curious on the other board results and was told it didn't matter what the other results were as I received my first choice. Not sure if that is a rule for my NRD or in general.

I'm worried that despite ranking SNA before SWO, I could end up with SWO just because maybe SNA is more sought after.

Everyone has heard stories of "they'll put you where they need you". I just don't want that to be me.

jl08

pilot
From what I understand the only way you will not get Final Selected for your first choice is if you do not qualify for it (medical, security clearance...).