• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

blackjaw

I'm worried that despite ranking SNA before SWO, I could end up with SWO just because maybe SNA is more sought after.

Everyone has heard stories of "they'll put you where they need you". I just don't want that to be me.

The only way that would happen is if you were selected first for SNA but failed due to medical, etc., thus it would roll to your second/third choice that you were selected for.

Another possibility is if your NRD/OR switched your designators around because they thought you were more competitive in one than the other, which has happened. In your case, they might have put SWO first instead of SNA.

Good luck.

damcrac

Final Select NFO
Looks like April and May are receiveing Sept/Oct dates, so it would be in the ballpark to say Oct/Nov for our group.

Intel results are out according to NavyOCS.com This quote is from an OR that posts on there frequently.

"The Intel results for Jun 2009 have been posted. 11 individuals were professionally recommended out of 91 total applicants (12.1%). Of the 11 pro-rec'd 4 came from the fleet.
The IW results for Jun 2009 have been posted. 8 pro-rec't out of a total of 44 applicants (18.2%) with 3 from the fleet."

damcrac

Final Select NFO
no, he usually does, but he has only posted Intel/IW and Supply I think for June

You should post an intro over there juliet, they get mad at not doing that on NavyOCS

blangman1

Non-select Pilot/NFO/SWO. Okay, now we know what the long wait means. In any case, RECONSIDERATION HERE I COME! In the words of my recruiter after speaking with the program manager, my two possible reasons for NS were my two obvious and intially stated concerns:

1) 2.6 GPA
2) Previous DOR from 2-year NROTC scholarship

Advice given to me is to retake ASTB, first score was 56 7/7/7 and really only studied a couple days prior. I will address reasons for leaving ROTC in the letter, etc.

In the meantime, congrats to the recent Pro-recs and we'll see you again here in August or September!

[gracefully exits stage right]

blarged

ready
Non-select Pilot/NFO/SWO. Okay, now we know what the long wait means. In any case, RECONSIDERATION HERE I COME! In the words of my recruiter after speaking with the program manager, my two possible reasons for NS were my two obvious and intially stated concerns:

1) 2.6 GPA

Advice given to me is to retake ASTB, first score was 56 7/7/7 and really only studied a couple days prior. I will address reasons for leaving ROTC in the letter, etc.

In the meantime, congrats to the recent Pro-recs and we'll see you again here in August or September!

Sorry to hear blangman ...

That's a pretty nice ASTB score, I'd be a little nervous retaking. But if you feel you can do better, that seems to be the quickest way to resubmit an application.

I think/hope your reconsideration letter will do good addressing the areas of possible concern.

Try try again! The wait for the second board isn't nearly as bad as the first board (trust me ;))

phoenix26

1) 2.6 GPA

Blangman you sound like my brother from another mother. I have almost identical ASTB scores (7-7-5 60) and GPA (2.68). Like you, I applied for SNA,NFO,SWO and was non-select for June because of some negitives within my package. As it stands right now, I am studying my ass off to retake the ASTB in hopes of reconsideration in August.

Good luck with the studying. Keep your head up and push forward. You're not the only one!

Looks like April and May are receiveing Sept/Oct dates, so it would be in the ballpark to say Oct/Nov for our group.

Intel results are out according to NavyOCS.com This quote is from an OR that posts on there frequently.

"The Intel results for Jun 2009 have been posted. 11 individuals were professionally recommended out of 91 total applicants (12.1%). Of the 11 pro-rec'd 4 came from the fleet.
The IW results for Jun 2009 have been posted. 8 pro-rec't out of a total of 44 applicants (18.2%) with 3 from the fleet."

Did you mean USnavyocs.com? I went to navyocs.com and it was this weird website with a picture of a girl on it that just posted other links.

batesdl

I PRO-REQ'D SNA.

I just have not posted yet because now I have the largest decision to make in my life. My job that I was laidoff at 7 months ago is calling me back now.....MAJOR DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 years old
ASTB 5/6/5 43
4 years prior service in Navy as AD3-Honorable Conditions
Former ROTC Cadet-4 years
Associates of Arts in Business 3.8 GPA
Bachelor of Science in Business Management 3.8 GPA
Master's of Business Admin./Minor Global Management 3.65 GPA
7 LOR's 1 from CO of VFA-27, 2 from Vice Presidents of Fortune 500 companies, 2 from Director's of large companies and 2 Manager's.
A&P License and flight time-Cessna 172 10 Hours
Excellent Low PRT
All Outstanding work references

Thanks,

Bates