• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June/ July/ Aug 2014 SNA & NFO Boards

mickistopheles

Was not expecting to see this when I woke up this morning. The time between board meet and results is the worst wait. The guys who got pushed back from April with me know what I mean. Let's hope for better results this time around. And good luck to everyone, of course.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
What's hilarious to me is my boards thread was what, 90 pages.

This one is 10. Lmao
I think we the results dropped we were just over 100, now that thread is at 121 pages. To try and kill time I'll probably be trying to dredge up stuff to post here.

We really tried the last couple days. It'll probably double in the next week.
This is where I'm at now. I missed the cutoff by about a week and a half last time around. And to make matters worse it didn't click in my head that my kit wouldn't be seen. So I got all excited and..... my name wasn't on the list at all.

Lets see idle conversation. Anyone here trying to do distance running at all? (More than the needed 1.5mi for the PRT)

mickistopheles

I think we the results dropped we were just over 100, now that thread is at 121 pages. To try and kill time I'll probably be trying to dredge up stuff to post here.

This is where I'm at now. I missed the cutoff by about a week and a half last time around. And to make matters worse it didn't click in my head that my kit wouldn't be seen. So I got all excited and..... my name wasn't on the list at all.

Lets see idle conversation. Anyone here trying to do distance running at all? (More than the needed 1.5mi for the PRT)

This just made me realize that a lot of people on this board contributed to the last board's thread before getting pushed to this board. So that probably has something to do with it. Plus the quick turn around.

varlogkern

This just made me realize that a lot of people on this board contributed to the last board's thread before getting pushed to this board. So that probably has something to do with it. Plus the quick turn around.
Yeah agreed, I was in the last board thread starting around page 20 or so. So I've met a lot of you already. But still we are slacking!

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor

Yeah, active duty 5 k's....3x a week.

varlogkern

Yeah, active duty 5 k's....3x a week.
@Chris_Clark were you with us in the spring thread?

I'm alternating, a 5k(minimum usually more like 3.5-3.75mi) 3x a week, and doing sprints 3x a week with one day off. On sprint day I do a cycle of push-ups, curl-up, pull-ups and some of the other recommended exercises in the PRT standards book given by my NRD. I haven't been making as much progress as I'd like but I want to make absolute sure I blow the PRT (on the running portion) out of the water. And if I ease back I'll get lazy and lose my routine.

If the results go well, all of us will be having one helluva celebratory 4th of July!
Assuming we know by then. I'm not holding my breath. However it will be close.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
@Chris_Clark were you with us in the spring thread?

I'm alternating, a 5k(minimum usually more like 3.5-3.75mi) 3x a week, and doing sprints 3x a week with one day off. On sprint day I do a cycle of push-ups, curl-up, pull-ups and some of the other recommended exercises in the PRT standards book given by my NRD. I haven't been making as much progress as I'd like but I want to make absolute sure I blow the PRT (on the running portion) out of the water. And if I ease back I'll get lazy and lose my routine.

Assuming we know by then. I'm not holding my breath. However it will be close.
Yeah I was in the thread briefly. That is a pretty good routine. I hate running so as long as I can keep a 10 min 1.5 I stick to lifting.. i also live in colorado springs where it is 6180 ft MSL which makes running more exciting :/

Man...i tell you what..The anticipation of not knowing if my package was seen is literally stopping time.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Swimming is what is going to kill me... hence the reason I'm starting to swim my ass off whenever I can.