• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

mtaylor

Meatgazer
Hey guys, so I thought my package was totally completed and submitted, but I got a call today from my OR... Apparently there is some sort of a new requirement on the tattoo forms. I do not have any tattoos, but I had to sign some forms that were not previously required... Anyone heard of this? I hope that this doesnt delay my application, and possibly miss the "rolling board" I was in for. Perhaps NavyOffrec has some insight? Cheers..

Similar issue for me. Except we found out about the new form the morning of the day we planned on submitting. My Officer Recruiter called me that morning, I headed over to the office, signed the two documents that simply state that you do not have any tattoos, piercings, body mutilation, etc. and that you never will get any. Or something along those lines anyway.
It was submitted along with my packet later that day and I haven't heard anything about it since then.

mtaylor

Meatgazer
are these boards for swo option as well?

SWO Option is under IDC boards, except for SWO EDO

What is an IDC board?
My recruiter told me today that my packet is currently at the board and it will be evaluated for my three choices of Pilot, NFO, SWO.
NavyOffRec, so is an IDC board something separate? Will my packet in that case just be evaluated for Pilot and NFO right now, and then held till the side until an IDC board to make a decision on SWO?

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated!

USAF_WX2USN

IDC is information dominance corps. It's intel, ip, IW, and oceano. All of these also have SWO options. If you're up for the SNA/SNFO/SWO this doesn't apply to you. The next IDC board is in the fall. There was just one this past feb/march.

Hello all! Been lurking for awhile also so I thought Id share.
Navy SNA/NFO Applicant
M/23/Non Prior
BS in Aviation Fight Science
Western Michigan University 2.95 GPA
ASTB-6/7/6 56
LORs- Flight Instructors, Professors, Employers
Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land Single Engine Add-on
Instrument Rated - 179 Total Time

Sent in my application March 28th and have yet to hear anything. Looks like I got in before the next board meets. My OR has also informed me about these "Rolling Boards" and Im glad that everyone here is saying the same. Hopefully we all have good news to come!

alaurin

All day, every day!
Is there a MEPS requirement for this board?

My MEPS date was cancelled- missing 1 document for PRK waiver.

arianjalali

which PRK document was missing? i only ask because i recently submitted 27 pages of information from the ophthalmologist's office to my OR.

alaurin

All day, every day!
which PRK document was missing? i only ask because i recently submitted 27 pages of information from the ophthalmologist's office to my OR.

Not sure, what I did fill out was the checklist with your refraction and dates (the one your ophthalmologist fills out) and I brought copies of all my exam notes for visits prior to PRK and the 1 yr of visits. I think I might be the first application my recruiter has put together. I'll let you know when I find out. I'm sure there's some sort of checklist somewhere.

exNavyOffRec

Not sure, what I did fill out was the checklist with your refraction and dates (the one your ophthalmologist fills out) and I brought copies of all my exam notes for visits prior to PRK and the 1 yr of visits. I think I might be the first application my recruiter has put together. I'll let you know when I find out. I'm sure there's some sort of checklist somewhere.

Sometimes a document isn't actually missing, for instance I had medical documents faxed to me, but one page was unreadable so I have it faxed again. The problem was the doctor looked at the page numbers that fax machine printed and came back with where is page X, even though it was there, but faxed as a single page.

arianjalali

Ohh, that makes sense! So if I had my ophthalmologist send the PRK pre-operative, operative, and two post-operative results (27 pages worth of documents).. And then mailed those hard copies to my recruiter, think I should be in the clear?

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
I am still waiting on my conditional release extension which hopefully should come in this week sometime (crossing my fingers) and then my application can finally go to the board. I'm hoping that I still have time to make this board! Good luck to everyone!