• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Hey all! I went to MEPS on December 28, 2012 and everything checked out except my weight: I was 216 lbs and the cut-off is 201 lbs. at my height of 6'0'' even. I was temporarily DQ because of this. Apparently, even with this temporary disqualification, my kit was submitted for the February board and I found out that I was selected for NFO/SWO at the end of February/early March, which is interesting because my medical info. wasn't submitted yet. I returned to MEPS on March 18th, became fully qualified (shed 20 lbs. and dropped to 196 lbs., I was stoked!) and my medical information was then submitted/re-submitted? Now, like someone said earlier, I don't want to keep pestering Chief because I guess I should be patiently waiting, but I shot him a quick text today to get an update and he said, "Good on medical just need to ensure across programs". I'm assuming this means that my kit will be re-submitted to these "rolling boards" (Top 3: NFO/SNA/SWO)? Chief mentioned that as soon as the medical info. checks out a "Select Letter" is soon to follow (or something along those lines). According to the NRD Houston website that was posted earlier in the thread, the next OCS dates are 21 Apr. and 12 May to meet the remaining FY2013 shipping goals. Coming up here real quick!

I should probably just "hurry up and wait" like the rest of us, but any clarification/information you guys have would be greatly appreciated! I'm also hoping Chief gets back to me within the week. I'm eager to get to it! Thanks everyone!

-Shermin-

They didn't tape measure you???

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
So my OR let me know today that there won't be any rolling boards as previously thought, and that NFO/SNA applications will be seen in July as originally planned. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

John Gil

So my OR let me know today that there won't be any rolling boards as previously thought, and that NFO/SNA applications will be seen in July as originally planned. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
That's the feeling I've been getting. Did he say he got an official word or what?

Shermin Manalel

They didn't tape measure you???

They'll tape you if you don't fall into the weight limit. They taped me the first time when I was 216 lbs and my BMI was 23. It's simple weigh-in, but if you don't make weight then they'll tape you to see if you fall into the BMI of 22 for Naval Officers.

I heard that was only for SWO and that they want to get the NFO/SNA applicants shipped as fast as possible. I'm assuming it's to meet the shipping goals?

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS

Guys, I just don't simply understand this???? Why would I be pro-boarded this past week if there was no boards this month? Something tells me it would be awfully early in the selection process to even have my application get sent to Millington in the first place, if they are really waiting until July. We are all getting conflicting reports from our respective districts. Well just have to see how the next few weeks go I suppose...

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Guys, I just don't simply understand this???? Why would I be pro-boarded this past week if there was no boards this month? Something tells me it would be awfully early in the selection process to even have my application get sent to Millington in the first place, if they are really waiting until July. We are all getting conflicting reports from our respective districts. Well just have to see how the next few weeks go I suppose...

Yeah I am not worrying about it....Too many conflicting reports and still a push to get applications in right now. I will believe that it isn't going to happen when my OR or processor tells me.

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Who knows, this all could be some kind of twisted social experiment on NRC's part haha! The boards are happening and then they aren't, they're happening and then they aren't... planned, canceled, planned, canceled, planned, canceled......

exNavyOffRec

Even if the next board was July the application window opened up Feb 2 for that board.

Application are moved to the board status in CIRIMS once they are reviewed by NRC processors and the Program Managers and then they just wait for the board to happen.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Well, then if that's the case...there could be hundreds of thousands of applicants I then would be going up against, and there goes my chances :/

(Opens up "Barons Military Aptitude Test Preparation" book, slowly and painfully)

John Gil

Maybe they hold one, maybe they don't. My package is in, and it's the best package I could put together so no matter when they hold it, if I'm meant to be an officer they will deem me so.

arianjalali

Maybe they hold one, maybe they don't. My package is in, and it's the best package I could put together so no matter when they hold it, if I'm meant to be an officer they will deem me so.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I'm just wondering when the next official FY '14 board will be meeting (following the one in July).. Does anyone know if they typically have one in the September-November range? Because that would be my last prospective shot at applying for SNA before becoming age-critical. Any gouge on the issue would be highly appreciated! The only PDF I could find covers up to FY '13.

exNavyOffRec

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I'm just wondering when the next official FY '14 board will be meeting (following the one in July).. Does anyone know if they typically have one in the September-November range? Because that would be my last prospective shot at applying for SNA before becoming age-critical. Any gouge on the issue would be highly appreciated! The only PDF I could find covers up to FY '13.

July is considered an FY14 board.

arianjalali

Yes, sir.. I figured that much already since the "FY13 Board Schedule" document floating around describes it as: picking a portion of the FY14 quota. I apologize for my poorly-worded question.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knew when the next official board would convene after the one in July, or has that document yet to be created? I figure I'm just getting ahead of myself, which is probably silly.
Also, NavyOffRec.. I'm sure you get this a lot, but I wanna take this opportunity to thank you for ALL that you do on this site. Reading your comments helps instill a great sense of clarification and hope within prospective officer candidates.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, sir.. I figured that much already since the "FY13 Board Schedule" document floating around describes it as: picking a portion of the FY14 quota. I apologize for my poorly-worded question.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knew when the next official board would convene after the one in July, or has that document yet to be created? I figure I'm just getting ahead of myself, which is probably silly.
Also, NavyOffRec.. I'm sure you get this a lot, but I wanna take this opportunity to thank you for ALL that you do on this site. Reading your comments helps instill a great sense of clarification and hope within prospective officer candidates.

In general the months of the boards remain the same so you can do a rough estimation based on the board schedule that is currently up.

Z0gsxr

Hey guys-
So I talked to my OR today. My package got submitted back on march 18th or 19th....I still have to go to MEPS this week... He told me that I have been pro-boarded, which correct me if I'm wrong, just means it made it to a program manager and it is free of discrepancies and errors... And it's now waiting to be disseminated to the different communities (SNA/NFO/Supply) does this sound correct?

He indicated to me that the "rolling boards" are still a go. He told me its realistic to expect some sort of decision within a month. Obviously there is no guarantee on which community that would be. I don't mean to disagree with anyone or get anyone's hopes up, but this guy has yet to be wrong.. There was an 0-3 at the same table agreeing with everything that was said. I would have to think that the 0-3 at the recruiting station and the chief helping me probably have a pretty good grasp on the situation... Just my $.02