• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Never lost....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
His profile says he's RN.
Right ... but : he also said he bagged a Mirage with one of our -9Limas. IF that was in the Falklands (and we're assuming here, aren't we) .... then:

Only one Mirage kill --- credited to an RAF pilot .... another one damaged ... to a RN pilot.

Again, like someone said, who cares?? If "he" doesn't ... I sure as hell don't. :)

Personally, I think that someone who comes on the board throwing down the gauntlet with his first post is either an a$$hole, a phoney, or just has bad manners. Or maybe just a melange of all three ... ???

Cheers .... :)

Chubby

Not to threadjack (again) ... but you're honestly going to tell me that you prefer a "T & T"?

Come on, if you're going to do it ... do it right!

lounge_3_bombay.gif

Skeet

Banned
Right ... but : he also said he bagged a Mirage with one of our -9Limas. IF that was in the Falklands (and we're assuming here, aren't we) .... then:

Only one Mirage kill --- credited to an RAF pilot .... another one damaged ... to a RN pilot.

Again, like someone said, who cares?? If "he" doesn't ... I sure as hell don't. :)

Personally, I think that someone who comes on the board throwing down the gauntlet with his first post is either an a$$hole, a phoney, or just has bad manners. Or maybe just a melange of all three ... ???

Cheers .... :)

Hehe, I think he's a phoney.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Did a little research on the meaning of "Screw the Pooch" came up with this
The phrase "screw the pooch" first came into (public) popularity after the book The Right Stuff came out. The original expression was "f**k the dog" and meant to waste time or loaf on the job. It was military slang.

"F**k the dog" appeared in print for the first time in 1935 and over time the meaning shifted (from wasting time to screwing up badly) and the "screw the pooch" wording took the place of the original phrase.
what an apt name, other then the booze and the girls, this poster really screwed the pooch...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Thought he was throwing the movie-style "jolly-good-chap" routine on a little thick. Yes, they are often kind of like that, but not that much.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to threadjack (again) ... but you're honestly going to tell me that you prefer a "T & T"?

Come on, if you're going to do it ... do it right!

lounge_3_bombay.gif

Honestly. I've tried 'em all and T & T is the way I roll. If you want to put that fru fru gin in your drink, go right ahead. ;)

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Did a little research on the meaning of "Screw the Pooch" came up with this
what an apt name, other then the booze and the girls, this poster really screwed the pooch...
I wouldn't read too much into the name. It's a common appellation in the cold, rainy Isles in addition to their bad food, big nosed/thick ankled women, and generally below average dental hygene. :eek:

More interesting is the fact that the "Pooch" was on the thread earlier this AM, but chose not to post/respond to anything ??? His IP address, again, shows Amsterdam, NL. :)

Again, I'm not reading anything into this, he certainly talks the talk and the guy could be 007 for all we know, but there's always a reason why things happen ....

Cheers ... again. :)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I still think the guy is probably real, if somewhat drunk when he posted. He hasn't answered my question, though.

Screw The Pooch

Revelation!

What ho chaps!

Ok I'll be the responsible one and own up. There were 3 of us ex RAF/RN Harrier boys here the other night and our mate Tom who is now ex F14.

The whole thing started as a bit of an impromptu reunion as Tom was on a flying visit. And as he was the only Yank and non Harrier mate in the pub we quite naturally started to pull his leg. I think we may have had a few too many beers and couldn't quite reach a compromise so he suggested this site to put an end to the banter (spoilsport!).

We were using my PC, which is in the UK, and I have no idea why it's logged in the Netherlands:confused:

I am ex RAF GR3/5/7. I did 2 tours in the Falklands. Although by the time I got there the white flag had been waved (they must have heard I was coming:D ). I did go to ETPS and latterly BAe at Dunsfold where I flew all marks of the Harrier, most of the Hawk marks and the good old Hunter. I then lost my ejection seat cat due to a prolapsed disc. Paul Barton is a close friend of mine so I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using his Mirage story, he would have enjoyed being here I'm sure.

Harrier Dude, not sure what "parts" you're referring to though?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did a little research on the meaning of "Screw the Pooch" came up with this​

You had to look that up???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What ho chaps! Ok I'll be the responsible one and own up. ....
You see, Juniors ... here's the deal: the TRUTH (whatever that is... :)) will ALWAYS win out.

In the spirit of hands across the sea and unity with our dirty, Pommy British cousins ... my message would be:

Don't "screw" the Pooch ??? Naaaaaaaaa ..... DON'T EVER "SCREW" with "HUSKY" (someone's old call sign :))

Obla-dee, obla-da, la-la-la-la ... life goes on.

Screw The Pooch

A4s. Your post seems to imply that I 'owned up' due to pressure from you to do so. This is not the case. As we originally started this as a bit of a drunken joke I felt it was only proper, and good manners, for me to come clean, as it were . If that isn't what you meant then I apologise unreservedly.

And Juniors...ALWAYS screw with EVERYBODY, hard and fast. That way you live longer:D

Kill, kill, kill, stores, fuel, wingman.

I still haven't lost!!!

"GICASI......"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wait... I'm lost... who's Husky? Were they any good?
Web-san: You're lookin' at him ... and he was/is very, very good, may I add. :):eek:

And "Pooch" ... you can't bullsh!t the Bullsh!tter. Don't even try .... I don't know about you .... but I wasn't drunk. No points for you ....

A4s ... OUT

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s. .....we originally started this as a bit of a drunken joke ...
On second thought ... I don't know what you're talkin' about ... "joke" and all. You think your post represented a "bit of a drunken joke "?? That's very strange humor. And "we" didn't start anything .... you're on your own here, Sport.

I lost three former STUDs in the Falklands. Argentine A-4 drivers. Good boys. Without a doubt -- all better men than yourself. I fail to see any "humor" inherent in "pretending" you shot down an Argentine Mirage.

On third thought ... it's pathetic.

I SHOULD close this sorry, sorry thread -- as it's all based on a lie. The issue is in doubt ...

ALOHA ...