• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Noise complaints

Lawman

None
I know the field and we still aren't allowed near it. :D

I was only in the South Practice area like 4 times the intire time I was going for my PPL. My instructor was always "Screw that crap were going North, those people are crazy down there."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the record, and because I love needling him about it, "Meat" is the only one I know of who has called in a noise complaint on his own squadron. :D Nice work, Meat.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So do spoiled rich old people.

@Brett: Come on, you can't just leave us hanging now . . . :icon_tong

It's a 129 legend. I don't know all the specifics, but apparently one night Meat (a RAG IECMO at the time), while no doubt trying to get some shut-eye, decided that the guys were flying their pattern a little too wide, so he calls the base CO to report a noise complaint. I guess he couldn't remember his own squadron's ODO number. So the story goes. I'm sure he'll log on presently to protest his innocence.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a 129 legend. I don't know all the specifics, but apparently one night Meat (a RAG IECMO at the time), while no doubt trying to get some shut-eye, decided that the guys were flying their pattern a little too wide, so he calls the base CO to report a noise complaint. I guess he couldn't remember his own squadron's ODO number. So the story goes. I'm sure he'll log on presently to protest his innocence.

Brett
One more good reason to live SOUTH of base . . . or in Anacortes.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
SOP for the west coast, thought I was done with them here in the South.

I got one the other day flying our stash Lt around.

as we were flying I was explaining how you could never do things like this in communist California but here in good, God fearing, Patriotic Georgia they love the military and its ok.

Well I land and our XO tells me that we got a noise complaint, so much for all the good things I said about GA, apparently jackasses are nationwide.

Wha? A damn Cobra (Or were you in one of the Hueys?) doesn't make THAT much noise...Typically the people around here don't complain much. Only time they truely b!tched,moaned and groaned was when VFA-203 was still around and they'd do FCLPs.

Only thing the residents have b!tched about lately has been Dobbins wanting to cut back trees (Just top them off and cut some limbs) cause it's an FAA Requirement..Some had an uproar and wouldn't let them cut them cause they had been there for 100 years supposedly...:confused:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
One more good reason to live SOUTH of base . . . or in Anacortes.

Personally ... I LIKE the noise .... jet engines, the louder, the better .... everytime I hear it I go out on the deck and check the boys out.

But would I buy something under the night bounce pattern with the expectation of sleeping blissfully --- you know, the patterns that have been there for 40 years and have been required real estate disclosure for 20 years .....???

What do YOU think ... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Personally ... I LIKE the noise .... jet engines, the louder, the better .... everytime I hear it I go out on the deck and check the boys out.

But would I buy something under the night bounce pattern with the expectation of sleeping blissfully --- you know, the patterns that have been there for 40 years and have been required real estate disclosure for 20 years .....???

What do YOU think ... :)

Yeah, Dugualla bay comes to mind. Probably not so bad out on West Beach though.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, Dugualla bay comes to mind. Probably not so bad out on West Beach though.

Brett

Ergo ...
A4s said:
....would I buy something under the night bounce pattern with the expectation of sleeping blissfully --- you know, the patterns that have been there for 40 years and have been required real estate disclosure for 20 years .....???

Besides ... there's two full drop tanks and two MER's resting in Dugualla Bay that I pickled off .... now who would want to live around that??? :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
MER's? I checked the dictionary but this wasn't there...Hey, I'm always trying to learn something...Thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Coming to this a bit late, but... Silverhill was underfire a few months back. Apparently some guy had his private range pointed right at the OLF. Why we don't get hostile fire pay as RDOs.... ? ;)