• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

CarterL

I have 20/40 on my right. I didn’t need a waiver and am qualified for aviation. It even says it on the vision requirements. No worse than 20/40. Did they say it was just your vision acuity? Is your 20/40 eye correctable to 20/20 that might have been why. I recommend you see an eye doctor and get re examined. Yeah these MEPS workers man….
Yes correctable to 20/20 no problems. Even spoke with a flight surgeon friend before applying and was told I was good to go.

flyhigh321

Gadies and Lentlemen, what’s going on? A question if anyone could oblige. I’m going up for NA on this board and was wondering which OCS class date I might get (pending board approval). Is there anywhere I could find this information. Recruiter must be busy…

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Gadies and Lentlemen, what’s going on? A question if anyone could oblige. I’m going up for NA on this board and was wondering which OCS class date I might get (pending board approval). Is there anywhere I could find this information. Recruiter must be busy…
According the board schedule, this is the first board selecting applicants for FY25. I don’t think your recruiter is going to have more information than that.

Mil3s

SNA Select
According the board schedule, this is the first board selecting applicants for FY25. I don’t think your recruiter is going to have more information than that.
I believe it’s the 2nd board for fy25 applicants, a lot of us from the April board are going to ocs in mid July and will be in the first fy25 ocs class according to the information we were given and then there are people that got the august ocs class which should be considered fy25 as well. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

fearedengineer

My recruiter assumed that for this board the earliest people would go is late August so I'm assuming many of us will go in the fall(September to November). I would say October is a good target date. that seems to be around the same length as the last two boards. He also said that we should get in by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Link to updated spreadsheets for July Board. It has the previous board data as well as a new sheet for July.
Updated the sheet and formulas.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Looks like I will no longer be making it to the board. My recruiter just called to let me know that N33 has disqualified me from applying to a pilot position due to eyesight. I am so bummed. My worst eye was 20/40 uncorrected. Looks like I will be getting LASIK and trying again in 6 months. Good luck to the rest of you!

I also can’t validate the info but my recruiter told me the board date was pushed to June 17th instead of June 10th.

That’s what I thought the minimum was as well. I’m trying to fight it to see if I can be seen by MEPs again. These were my results anything jump out as being disqualifying? View attachment 40709
Your recruiter said you were DQ due to eyesight, however that is too vague I would ask to find out exactly what part you failed as it doesn't seem that you would be DQ due to the 20/40.

It is better to get clarification now than get LASIK and find out there was another eye issue you were DQ'd for.

CarterL

Your recruiter said you were DQ due to eyesight, however that is too vague I would ask to find out exactly what part you failed as it doesn't seem that you would be DQ due to the 20/40.

It is better to get clarification now than get LASIK and find out there was another eye issue you were DQ'd for.
Yes unfortunately he wasn’t super specific. But he was able to send me my vision results. I plan on taking them to the eye doc and getting a consult for eye surgery to make sure I can get everything to line up for the next application.

Attachments

• EC65B946-184C-48DE-9699-6C54A25735B7.jpeg
    EC65B946-184C-48DE-9699-6C54A25735B7.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 27

exNavyOffRec

Yes unfortunately he wasn’t super specific. But he was able to send me my vision results. I plan on taking them to the eye doc and getting a consult for eye surgery to make sure I can get everything to line up for the next application.
Your recruiter or the processor can ask for further info, such as it appears he has 20/40 that corrects to 20/20 is there another issue that is causing him to not meet uncorrected visual acuity.

Lukehot

Aspiring NFO
Hi folks, just filled in the excel. Glad to join you all on the upcoming board. First time applying, wanted to go for SNA/SNFO but was dqed for depth perception so I'm putting in NFO as first choice.

Last edited:

lucasleny

Hi folks, just filled in the excel. Glad to join you all on the upcoming board. First time applying, wanted to go for SNA/SNFO but was dqed for depth perception so I'm putting in NFO as first choice.
How far off were you? I was also DQed for scoring 50 arc seconds instead of the minimum of 40, but I retook and passed at a civ doctor and that got me back in for SNA.

Lukehot

Aspiring NFO
How far off were you? I was also DQed for scoring 50 arc seconds instead of the minimum of 40, but I retook and passed at a civ doctor and that got me back in for SNA.
My recruiter didn't say that much, she just said I failed the test. I was adviced to do the same by a friend but when I tried to do it the results wouldnt be ready by June 4th which was the cut off date she gave me for her to submit the results. I did always have issues with DP so in part, I think the test was somewhat right. I'm excited for NFO though, after learning about the role, I feel like its a better fit for me. Thanks for the reply!

lucasleny

My recruiter didn't say that much, she just said I failed the test. I was adviced to do the same by a friend but when I tried to do it the results wouldnt be ready by June 4th which was the cut off date she gave me for her to submit the results. I did always have issues with DP so in part, I think the test was somewhat right. I'm excited for NFO though, after learning about the role, I feel like its a better fit for me. Thanks for the reply!
Cheers boss, all’s well that ends well! :)

sp2024

I saw earlier in this thread that this boards package due date was pushed back to 6/17 can anyone else confirm they have heard this as well, my recruiter isn't the most transparent and I am cutting it close for this board.