• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

mlcard

I saw earlier in this thread that this boards package due date was pushed back to 6/17 can anyone else confirm they have heard this as well, my recruiter isn't the most transparent and I am cutting it close for this board.
Yes, just confirmed with my recruiter. Packets are due June 17th and the new board convene date is July 15th.

RobC

I saw earlier in this thread that this boards package due date was pushed back to 6/17 can anyone else confirm they have heard this as well, my recruiter isn't the most transparent and I am cutting it close for this board.
My recruiter still said June 10th but it sounds like that might not be correct based off other peoples information

exNavyOffRec

Yes, just confirmed with my recruiter. Packets are due June 17th and the new board convene date is July 15th.
If your recruiter has an email of the date changes I would feel confident in the info, if he was just told by another I would not. There have been several times when info is passed from recruiter to recruiter that ended up being incorrect.

Dates do change now and then, but better to be safe than sorry.

I've achieved the rank of HM2 within three years of service in the Navy by getting mapped 2x from my command. Additionally, I've earned a Bachelor's Degree in Health and Sciences with a GPA of 3.5. I have secured interviews with a Captain and two Commanders. My application is supported by strong letters of recommendation from high-ranking officers. Despite these qualifications, my ASTB scores are 42 4/5/6.
Ive submitted an application for SNA and just received confirmation that all my package was completed and is getting sent to the board, hopefully I get selected. From my observations and discussions, it appears that ASTB scores are highly significant in the selection process. I hope these scores do not determine the final decision regarding my package. Are there others who have similar scores and have succeeded well in the enlisted side?

kathelim

I've achieved the rank of HM2 within three years of service in the Navy by getting mapped 2x from my command. Additionally, I've earned a Bachelor's Degree in Health and Sciences with a GPA of 3.5. I have secured interviews with a Captain and two Commanders. My application is supported by strong letters of recommendation from high-ranking officers. Despite these qualifications, my ASTB scores are 42 4/5/6.
Ive submitted an application for SNA and just received confirmation that all my package was completed and is getting sent to the board, hopefully I get selected. From my observations and discussions, it appears that ASTB scores are highly significant in the selection process. I hope these scores do not determine the final decision regarding my package. Are there others who have similar scores and have succeeded well in the enlisted side?
I would study hard and retake the ASTB. If you're active duty, try the ISPP route and get a Flag Endorsement. If you're TAR, the program doesn't apply.

kathelim

also, if you look at the spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum, you'll see historicals

I was planning to send in my package June 10th for immediate selection, but I got word from my recruiter yesterday that my depth perception results from meps were not good enough for SNA. Recruiter told me to go to a civilian eye doctor for depth perception tests to move forward. I am looking for advice on this because the rest of my package seems solid. Is the deadline really pushed back and can I get tests done to still be able to submit for this board? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

exNavyOffRec

I was planning to send in my package June 10th for immediate selection, but I got word from my recruiter yesterday that my depth perception results from meps were not good enough for SNA. Recruiter told me to go to a civilian eye doctor for depth perception tests to move forward. I am looking for advice on this because the rest of my package seems solid. Is the deadline really pushed back and can I get tests done to still be able to submit for this board? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Odds are you will have to wait for the next board, to be able to get an appointment, submit results to your recruiter and then get N33 to review in make a decision is a stretch, often N33 takes a few days to review once received.

If you haven't called around to find an eye doc you should see what your wait is, my eye doc has a 2 month wait but the place I go to has a great reputation and is the preferred place where I live. If you get cleared the wait will be worth it.

stautz

Stautz
I had the same problem. I went to a couple of eye doctors, explained the situation, and got in pretty quickly. My recruiter sent in the paperwork I received, and they had me go back to MEPS to re-take the test. I was pretty lucky with about a two-week turnaround.

lucasleny

I also went through the same thing, went to a civ doctor and passed and got cleared for I Sel.

waterweight2

Hello everyone,
I was just curious if there are any MECEPs on this thread who are applying to the SNA board for this year?
Kinda hard to track down SNA MECEPs

Lukehot

Aspiring NFO
Hello again. I have a question that has been eating at me a bit. I was under the impression that our packets needed LORs. I asked my recruiter about them on May 1st but she did not refer to them and on May 15th she said my packet was submitted. I'm wondering if they are absolutely needed and why she could have forgotten to mention them even before submission. I'm applying for NFO so maybe they're not needed? She asked to list them on the SF86 and they're also listed on my CV. I asked my previous supervisor to write me on anyway in case she suddenly comes asking for it.

Thank you