• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS OCS 12AUG 2024 IWC Board

Celticprice

So glad to see that they picked up a large group! I did not get a pro-rec yes, but I am on the alternate list. What does this mean exactly?

It states: "Alternates were selected to ensure FY25 goals are met. Alternates not sent to Officer Candidate School before the next board must reapply for selection."

I know the next board is literally this month on the 30th. If I am not told I have a class date before this board, do I basically have to re-apply in January? Typically the boards are not this close, so hopefully I don't miss my chance, but I will re-apply if I have to. Congrats again to everyone!
I'm in the same boat as you. I wonder how they choose which alternates get selected first as well if alternates do start getting chosen to replace any?

SpaceMan230

Still in shock, this was the absolute last board I was going to apply to, but I’ve been PROREC Y. I wonder why such a large number?
Stats:
OAR: 59
GPA: UG-3.02, G-3.8
Interviews: O8, O6x4, O4x4
LOR: O6x2, O5x2, E9
Waiver: Time in Service (over 11 years)

kamkambear

got picked up for MCWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been on cloud 9 since wednesday. its been a year long process but kept faith and kept busy! super stoked for OCS. Nov 3 ship out

GPA 3.2
Degree: BS Information Science and working on MS CS
OAR: 54
2 years of cyber analyst experience
a few interview appraisals
no certs

kamkambear

Oh wow, we actually are almost the same. My recruiter informed me shortly after posting that message that I'm going to be applying for the Sept 30 board. Praying that I get selected as well, seeing your outcome makes me a little more reassured.
good luck! from the results, it was a little more than 50% that were selected. my bets are that you'll be selected.

do any of yall know how long it typically takes to get the final selection letter? I know NRC has to sign off on medical, which is easy given they issued my waivers. I’m also waiting to schedule my SSO interview, but that should be very soon.

DSYY88

Putting these stats out there to encourage those who are a little older than the average applicant, and for those who do not have STEM degrees, but have relevant working experience.

OAR: 58
GPA: 3.0 from UC Berkeley
Degree: Legal Studies, B.A.
Classes taken: Calculus I, Physics A, Physics B
Non-prior military; no waivers
LoR: O6 retired Navy Captain, CTO of the company I work with, family friend who served in both Navy and Army

Selected for Intel, CW, and IP

Accepted CW

exNavyOffRec

Putting these stats out there to encourage those who are a little older than the average applicant, and for those who do not have STEM degrees, but have relevant working experience.

OAR: 58
GPA: 3.0 from UC Berkeley
Degree: Legal Studies, B.A.
Classes taken: Calculus I, Physics A, Physics B
Non-prior military; no waivers
LoR: O6 retired Navy Captain, CTO of the company I work with, family friend who served in both Navy and Army

Selected for Intel, CW, and IP

Accepted CW
Your calc and physics series goes a long way.