• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

MatthewC

You all suck for posting these videos... :p . It's not helping time go by any quicker. Thank god I'm going on vacation in two weeks and will have limited access to this website. :p

Reactions: RMP

KnightFlight

Greetings everyone. I've been browsing this site for a long time and appreciate very much all the info that's here. It definitely helped me through the application process and made life easier.

Applying for SNA for the first time in this upcoming Oct board. I'm not expecting much; my GPA is low by standards and so is my ASTB-E score. I have a lot of extracurriculars and volunteer work but I'm not sure if that will help push me through. I took the ASTB-E in late July and I'm hoping to be able to retake it before my kit is sent in, but the 90 day wait between retests might make that impossible (depending on the actual board date).

Either way, good luck to everyone and hopefully the selection rates are high this time around!

Welcome!
Unfortunately from what I've seen timeline wise I doubt a retest before the next board will happen. What are your current scores? It may be worth it to give it a shot this go around?..

Sundevil106150

fighter-jet-1.jpg

Hey everyone while we are waiting for the Oct. board.......wanna get high?

RTI35

Welcome!
Unfortunately from what I've seen timeline wise I doubt a retest before the next board will happen. What are your current scores? It may be worth it to give it a shot this go around?..

Current scores are 48 6/7/6. The earliest I could retest would be I believe Oct 14. From what I've been reading on here the next board won't be until at least Oct 1, so I assume that means there's a chance it could be held after? I'll probably just talk to my recruiter about scheduling the test the day that I'm eligible to re-take; if it gets in for the board, great. If not and I'm not accepted, I'll have (hopefully) the better score to use for next time around

Sundevil106150

Current scores are 48 6/7/6. The earliest I could retest would be I believe Oct 14. From what I've been reading on here the next board won't be until at least Oct 1, so I assume that means there's a chance it could be held after? I'll probably just talk to my recruiter about scheduling the test the day that I'm eligible to re-take; if it gets in for the board, great. If not and I'm not accepted, I'll have (hopefully) the better score to use for next time around

The Kits go out on Oct. 1 so you will have to wait until another board comes around so that can be December, January, who knows. I'm not too happy with my scores too but Oct. is the best chance to get picked up with the new fiscal year so it would not hurt to try especially if you have a good GPA, multiple majors, athletics, etc. I am sure you can improve your OAR but 6/7/6 is not bad. I know people who have gotten 45 on their OAR and 5/6/5 yet they some how got picked up for SNA. Like my recruiter says it is part luck and depends on the rest of your package but try to shoot for Oct. 1 and see what happens. If you do not get picked up so what, you retest right away on Oct. 14 and improve your scores and then resubmit your kit and try again in a later board. If there is anything I can recommend though is to keep studying while you wait. What I realized is that the OAR is mostly theoretical when it comes to the mechanics section and mostly probability problems on the math so even though I believe I have a strong kit it does not hurt to keep on top of your game incase you have to retest because you did not get picked up due to low scores. Just my 2 cents.

RTI35

The Kits go out on Oct. 1 so you will have to wait until another board comes around so that can be December, January, who knows. I'm not too happy with my scores too but Oct. is the best chance to get picked up with the new fiscal year so it would not hurt to try especially if you have a good GPA, multiple majors, athletics, etc. I am sure you can improve your OAR but 6/7/6 is not bad. I know people who have gotten 45 on their OAR and 5/6/5 yet they some how got picked up for SNA. Like my recruiter says it is part luck and depends on the rest of your package but try to shoot for Oct. 1 and see what happens. If you do not get picked up so what, you retest right away on Oct. 14 and improve your scores and then resubmit your kit and try again in a later board. If there is anything I can recommend though is to keep studying while you wait. What I realized is that the OAR is mostly theoretical when it comes to the mechanics section and mostly probability problems on the math so even though I believe I have a strong kit it does not hurt to keep on top of your game incase you have to retest because you did not get picked up due to low scores. Just my 2 cents.

Understood about the Oct. 1 date now. That's a bummer; I'm confident that I would score better the second time around (as I should!). The first time around I made the mistake of studying primarily the Barron's book on the old ASTB and the mechanical section on the ASTB-E caught me off guard. I spent a lot of time studying simple machines, MA, etc and there was none of that on my test. It primarily asked electricity and air pressure related questions which I didn't study much of.

My GPA is a double major but below a 3.0. All I can do is apply and see what happens !

KnightFlight

"I know people who have gotten 45 on their OAR and 5/6/5 yet they some how got picked up for SNA."
Easily my favorite words I've read on here in a while!! Fingers crossed!

Sundevil106150

"I know people who have gotten 45 on their OAR and 5/6/5 yet they some how got picked up for SNA."
Easily my favorite words I've read on here in a while!! Fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed for all of us. Oct. board is prime time but still sweating bullets. Its already a long enough wait if you to get accepted by Oct. board. Wont find out till November if you are in and then it could be 1 month before your shipped out or 6 months! I want to go NOW!!!

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Well here is my understanding. When you submit a kit you get in line for the next board. Your kit is given a number. The first, say 100 kits (May was 113, June was 90ish) get pulled for review at the next board. If you are number say, 75/100 then you kit would go. But if you change, or update your kit then it gets pulled out of the line and moved to the back. They will probably start pulling kits to go to board (assuming it meet on 01Oct14) probably the second week of October. For myself, the Board met the last week of June, and my kit was pulled on 02Jun14 (see sig).

It is purely a crap shoot (or so it seems recently) what scores they take. June was brutal, while May they took a ton of people. A 48 6/7/6 could use some OAR work, but with those line scores, roll the dice and see what happens.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Alright....alright...alright...

Question of the day: what have past boards selection percentages looked like for the first board after the start of the fiscal year?? (with no discredit to the fact that people are already filling fy15 seats.)

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Fingers crossed for all of us. Oct. board is prime time but still sweating bullets. Its already a long enough wait if you to get accepted by Oct. board. Wont find out till November if you are in and then it could be 1 month before your shipped out or 6 months! I want to go NOW!!!
For the unofficial dates people are getting, it seems like the May board people are getting slotted into November, and the June people at getting slotted into December and January.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Maybe this time next year we will all be sitting down in primary reminiscing about how stressed out we were prior to the board..... meanwhile.... I'll be like... when is our next stage check?

KnightFlight

For the unofficial dates people are getting, it seems like the May board people are getting slotted into November, and the June people at getting slotted into December and January.

My friend got picked up for SNA in the May boards and leaves for Newport on October 12th. But I haven't looked much into other folks dates