• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice, classic looking airfield
Looks better when you’re not madly dashing around to refuel a T-45 and get out before President Bush’s Air Force One TFR came into effect.

Student pro-tip: your instructor can’t ding you for forgetting to check NOTAMs on the road if he also forgot to check NOTAMs on the road. ?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Owner assisted annual?
Sadly, no. Enstrom has a week long owner maintenance course up in Michigan I’m going to try to attend this year. If I do that I can take up a lot of slack in the annual. This year I have a few gripes that a pro needs to take care of.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Do y'all not bring your own headsets?

We don’t need to own no stinking headsets!

Honestly, most of the dudes/dudettes bring their own headsets…BUT…on this rotation, I’m joyously reporting that both of us are using ship’s headsets. Maybe it’s an AOCS thing…dude is from AOCS Class 34-86 and I’m from AOCS Class 41-86…good times!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Honestly, most of the dudes/dudettes bring their own headsets…BUT…on this rotation, I’m joyously reporting that both of us are using ship’s headsets. Maybe it’s an AOCS thing…dude is from AOCS Class 34-86 and I’m from AOCS Class 41-86…good times!
Let me know when you fly with someone from 12-86.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Let me know when you fly with someone from 12-86.

Will do!

Also, don’t forget about the upcoming AOCS reunion 06-07OCT23 which is in Pensacola. It’s held every two years. I attended in 2019 and it was a pretty cool time. I would’ve attended in 2021 but I had to go to initial B737 training in Widgetville.

LATE ENTRY: They’re trying to do AOCS reunion shirts for the upcoming event in OCT…this is what’s been advertised so far regarding possible logos…

CB77632F-27AF-4406-A9E3-93F5563862A9.jpeg

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
LATE ENTRY: They’re trying to do AOCS reunion shirts for the upcoming event in OCT…this is what’s been advertised so far regarding possible logos…

View attachment 37637

FWIW, I still have my replica AOCS BATT I shirt that I had custom made for the AOCS reunion in 2019…pictured below is a simulated rifle run that I did at the gym…

B86A67A2-16C9-40F6-8306-6599C9978B6D.jpeg

015087AF-16A4-4518-BBA4-26B9A6839813.jpeg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

When I was flying T-39's in Pensacola, a fellow instructor lent me his noise reduction Bose headset and I was very impressed with how quiet they were. A dude like you should have his own Bose A20 Headset. You could always buy an older model from eBay for a couple hundred.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Bose A20's are the bomb! Nothing else comes close as far as noise reduction tech. Most of DoD and fed-gov agencies mandate the A20 now. In the AF they are issued equipment for non ejection seat aircraft. I have two A20's - one USGI and one private purchased through the old Bose CFI program that was at one time 50% off retail. The lifetime warranty is great and the one time I had an issue, the warranty service was outstanding. These are worth the $1,000 investment IMHO.

I think a lot of airline folks like using the ship's headset so they don't have to carry "one more thing" - and its always available and in the aircraft. Delta uses decent old school single ear DC's.