• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I am not a very skilled modeler - but I really enjoy assembling models - just not finishing/painting, etc.

to wit, I completed the Tamiya F-35A in 1/48 scale and its a beautiful model - highly detailed with a ton of cool features, weapon load outs, etc. If you are a model nerd, this is the one for you!

View attachment 37719

View attachment 37720
So detailed. Does the box say "Made in China (courtesy of contractor data breach)?"

jmcquate

Contributor
Chuck's model is from a Japanese company. There is a model manufacturer that's relatively new, Trumpeter, that is Chinese. They have some very detailed kits of modern U.S. warships.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I doubt seriously that there is anything of the F-35's physical design/configuration that is classified - since anyone can walk around and take pics of the jet at an airshow or walk in to the hangar at the schoolhouse! (not really, of course) Tamiya is an all Japan company. There is a 1/32 scale F-35C out there that is chinese made that is rumored to be "next level". The JSDF livery in the F-35A is especially cool. I also dig the "beast mode".

1677883005952.png

1677883030648.png

I mean if these two knuckleheads can waltz in to the Schoolhouse... (a fatter, 25 lb heavier ChuckMK23 at the time)

1677883107554.png
1677883435509.png

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

pilot
One of the cool facts I learned about this jet was the "drag chute" assembly - unique to Norweigan JSF. Thats super cool IMHO.

1677883677926.png

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I doubt seriously that there is anything of the F-35's physical design/configuration that is classified - since anyone can walk around and take pics of the jet at an airshow or walk in to the hangar at the schoolhouse! (not really, of course) Tamiya is an all Japan company. There is a 1/32 scale F-35C out there that is chinese made that is rumored to be "next level". The JSDF livery in the F-35A is especially cool. I also dig the "beast mode".

View attachment 37725

View attachment 37726

I mean if these two knuckleheads can waltz in to the Schoolhouse... (a fatter, 25 lb heavier ChuckMK23 at the time)

View attachment 37727
View attachment 37728
I hope they did not have to invoke a "No food or drinks near the exhibit" rule after your visit.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

View attachment 37725

View attachment 37726

View attachment 37727
I thought you used your high speed CAP-AF credentials to get in there!

Side note, I thought you lost a few pounds…what’s your method?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
One of the cool facts I learned about this jet was the "drag chute" assembly - unique to Norweigan JSF. Thats super cool IMHO.

View attachment 37729
Geek alert!

If you like the Norwegian F-35 should watch the 2022 movie “Troll” (available on Netflix). I think it is the first movie to show actual F-35’s in flight screens and certainly the only one that shows it exercising the highly secret Troll Targeting package. The movie is kind of fun…an advertisement for the Norseman military combined with some humor and a bit of mythology.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Side note, I thought you lost a few pounds…what’s your method?
Eliminating sugar, processed food, seed oils, and keeping carbs to under 100 grams / day. Within 90 days my A1C and blood pressure were well within normal levels. HDL is up, Tryg's are down and joint pain and inflammation have decreased significantly. I rarely eat before 12 Noon.

its no silver bullet. And it makes eating at restaurants and eating for convenience a real challenge. A little more planning of my meals is involved and therefore I eat at home more and eat out much less.

Zero carbs is not a reasonable goal, but avoiding sugar has been easier than I thought. Red meat and seafood, full fat dairy, and poultry and eggs as well as vegetables that grow above ground are the core of my diet at the moment and that seems to work. It's harder when I travel of course. But I definitely feel a lot healthier.

This reinforced my skepticism of traditional medicine. But I've actually come across a number of physicians who embrace this approach.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chuck's model is from a Japanese company. There is a model manufacturer that's relatively new, Trumpeter, that is Chinese. They have some very detailed kits of “modern” U.S. warships.
FIFY—the best 80s/90s technology government tax-payer money can buy

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Eliminating sugar, processed food, seed oils, and keeping carbs to under 100 grams / day. Within 90 days my A1C and blood pressure were well within normal levels. HDL is up, Tryg's are down and joint pain and inflammation have decreased significantly. I rarely eat before 12 Noon.

its no silver bullet. And it makes eating at restaurants and eating for convenience a real challenge. A little more planning of my meals is involved and therefore I eat at home more and eat out much less.

Zero carbs is not a reasonable goal, but avoiding sugar has been easier than I thought. Red meat and seafood, full fat dairy, and poultry and eggs as well as vegetables that grow above ground are the core of my diet at the moment and that seems to work. It's harder when I travel of course. But I definitely feel a lot healthier.

This reinforced my skepticism of traditional medicine. But I've actually come across a number of physicians who embrace this approach.
That’s really great Chuck! Just out of curiosity, what about your experience makes you question traditional medicine? Everything you describe has been on-par with what I’ve been told in terms of eating healthy, etc.

ChuckMK23

pilot
That’s really great Chuck! Just out of curiosity, what about your experience makes you question traditional medicine? Everything you describe has been on-par with what I’ve been told in terms of eating healthy, etc.
When I shared my diet with my primary care doc - her reaction was that saturated fats and colo/rectal cancer risk would eliminate any benefit and that I needed to double down on a plant based diet and take a statin. No thanks. I've since learned that a lot of physicians have very different training in these areas. Other MD's Ive spoken to have given me the thumbs up (who are also pilots). Clearly there is a bit of a divide on this topic. As democratization of health data continues, I'm taking more control education wise. This approach to eating has really worked for me.