• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Didn't realize they had all of those options now. Maybe it's the reverse notation of the hemisphere that always messes me up. Every aircraft I've flown starts the coordinates with the hemisphere, so I'm not sure why FF didn't do it that way, especially when Garmin does it that way

Yes, I know some aircraft use negatives, I just haven't experienced that in the real world. Although after looking at that chart, I'm thinking entering it that way in FF is the most efficient. I'll have to remember that.
Thats how it was back in my EMS days - we had the very first IFR Garmin GPS - the old GPS 155. We were trained not to use a kneeboard and pencil - our training dept was very big about entering scene coordinates as you were receiving them from Dispatch. I got pretty good at spinning those knobs! (IFR panel but no AP on the BK117)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Purge and replace all the fluids, fresh gas, pump up the APU start accumulator and charge the battery - I bet that thing fires right up!. Get a Restricted or Experimental certificate on that beast - then its a matter of finding someone that would actually sign off on an Annual Inspection. Doable.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Purge and replace all the fluids, fresh gas, pump up the APU start accumulator and charge the battery - I bet that thing fires right up!. Get a Restricted or Experimental certificate on that beast - then its a matter of finding someone that would actually sign off on an Annual Inspection. Doable.
I’d put it under an Experimental Exhibition and display it as a warbird at air shows. Say….is this a get rich quick scheme?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
There aren’t many 53’s on the open market.
TBH, I don't know what they did with the 53-D's. I assume they were put in the boneyard. Israel and Germany fly a version of the light twin 53, but have no clue if those birds were cannibalized for FMS.

Once the E's go out to pasture, maybe they could be repurposed for forrest fire fighting, I dunno.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Alright @ChuckMK23, what’s the hourly fuel burn on the -46? Ten, maybe fifteen gallons an hour?
Griz, you're discounting the bennies that comes with the purchase of a workhorse like this. I mean if you pull up thirsty at Imperial, you're getting a few pizzas and some Gatorades. It brings down the cost of doing business. 😆

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Griz, you're discounting the bennies that comes with the purchase of a workhorse like this. I mean if you pull up thirsty at Imperial, you're getting a few pizzas and some Gatorades. It brings down the cost of doing business. 😆
I love an optimist.