• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Assuming volunteer labor to fly and maintain - I bet your bare bones costs are ~ $2500/hr
I’ll fly it, Chuck can be my FRS instructor. All we need now is some competent ground crew and about a $1.5 million in start up cash.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Assuming volunteer labor to fly and maintain - I bet your bare bones costs are ~ $2500/hr
Last time I heard it discussed I believe our chapter of the AAHF was flying our single engine AH-1G for about $1200 an hour. All labor, maintenance through flight crew is volunteer. Expenses are essentially insurance parts, gas, and oil.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Many were broken down and used by NADEP (formerly NARF) Pensacola to support the AF H-53 fleet.

?

How did that work? The Pave Low went away in 2008 but the Marine Ds went away in 2012. Or did the AF have another model?