• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

Rasczak

Marine
I saw the same thing recently. I bought the Squadron/Signal A-4 walkaround and from what I've read in that book is that they used JATO quite often during Vietnam. I didn't know they had a catapult system for airfields! Airfields! Coolest shit I saw recently.

Rasczak

Marine
only because I'm drunk and feel like showing off. This is my completed scooter.

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Some nice low level video work and flying.

God that little Scooter looks like it was fun to fly.

So A4's is that SOP to do wing rivet inspections while taxing to the runway??????

FastMover

NFO
None
Nice find. Pretty cool when he zipped by that VF-111 Tomcat.

Good music from the little ole band from Texas as well.:icon_smil
039_31619~ZZ-Top-Posters.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
montellv said:
This may be a blatant attempt at rep points from A4s...
How can I resist those soulful, doe-like eyes ... :D

FlatHatter13 said:
So A4's is that SOP to do wing rivet inspections while taxing to the runway??????
If you're gonna "be good", first you gotta "look good" -- which always includes a parade formation while taxiing to the duty runway ... even more impressive w/4 birds ... the AF hated us @ Nellis. :)
If A4's doesn't give you rep, I certainly will! Nice find...
Hey!!! Don't step on my blue suede shoes .... :eek:

VIVA the A-4 !!!!!

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
I was looking for VFC-13 footage on Youtube and came up with some great vids. One of the videos has some nice footage of an F-15 in the gunsights...Nice!

Sorry for the Delay:

A little bit of everything here.

Ahhh yes, "Beagle" drivers that fight in horizontal = Navy kills

Navy guys that follow into vertical fight = F15 kills

No matter how many times you say it we always have some guys that wanna turn with Navy planes. Some just have to learn the hard way.

Recidivist

Great video.
From an engineering standpoint you have to appreciate the A-4. Just what you need to get the job done and no extra, no frilly crap.