• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
I mean this with no disrespect and really hope you get in but I think your drop from NROTC is what is hurting you the most. Don't go enlisted if that isn't what you want, it will make getting an OCS package and slot way way harder.

None taken, this is one of the issues that has been discussed, but if that is the case, it seems to belie some of the values that the Navy espouses and the board, supposedly represents. Also, one of my LORs is the current XO of my NROTC unit, and I have the support both of my former CO and the former aviation advisor. People who were directly involved in my actions. I believe that should have gone far to mitigate any damage. It's been five years. People make mistakes, people screw up. They make bad decisions. How are you going to handle failure? How are you going to move on? I think I have answered those questions for the board by my actions since my DoR.

I choose to take this as a test. Board is sending the ball back into my court to see what I do with it. Fair enough. Challenge accepted.

Thanks SC-NY-88, appreciate the good thoughts.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I mean this with no disrespect and really hope you get in but I think your drop from NROTC is what is hurting you the most. Don't go enlisted if that isn't what you want, it will make getting an OCS package and slot way way harder.

Let us not forget that there were OVER 350 folks seen for the SWO/SNA/SNFO boards. These applications were accumulated July, August and September.

With such a large amount of applications going before the board, it would be easy to say "Alright, everyone who has some unsightly element to their application goes into this pile, the rest go in this pile."

The sheer amount of applications that went towards the board and the time in which these were completed (Which was September 16) supports this theory. You cannot give each application a just shake with those time constraints...too much without enough time. Submitting the next month (or two months) might seem like agony to us, but to those on the outside, it's simply eight weeks.

For those of us that were not selected, give this some thought. Chins up, young bucks.

Seafort

If that was true, marmoset, then the "whole person concept" would be a crock. I tend to think much better the officers serving on the selection board, and of the Navy in general, and choose to believe instead that the selection board wants to see who is willing to come back and who gives up. Resubmissions are not uncommon, and I know officers who have been picked up on third and fourth tries.

It's not over until the obese female vocalises melodicly, and she ain't sung yet.

marmoset54

If that was true, marmoset, then the "whole person concept" would be a crock. I tend to think much better the officers serving on the selection board, and of the Navy in general, and choose to believe instead that the selection board wants to see who is willing to come back and who gives up. Resubmissions are not uncommon, and I know officers who have been picked up on third and fourth tries.

It's not over until the obese female vocalises melodicly, and she ain't sung yet.

Whoa. Ease off there a little bit. I'm running this theory off of folks who SHOULD have been selected, yet have some things that are still unsightly. Why weren't you selected? Is there a good reason? I don't see one.

Seafort

Marmoset, I apologise if I came off at all harsh. I was being conversational, in no way did I feel attacked, and I wasn't being defensive. I hope you don't feel my response was attacking you.

I understand your point. And your theory is as valid as any other. All I am saying is that it does seem that if your theory is correct it conflicts with what we are told, and what we tell each other.

marmoset54

It was a misunderstanding, much gets lost on forums. Inflections and what not.

As to what we are told and what we tell each other, everything must be examined under the lens of skepticism. In general, the aforementioned remains true. You, AS A PERSON, are more than a GPA, more than an ASTB score, more than extracurricular activities.

With that said, using such a suggested manner in loaded meetings (which, if I am not mistaken, occurred over only a few days), makes everyone's lives on the boards a bit easier. It's not saying you aren't worthy enough to serve your country (again, a thought that I have successfully beaten down over the weekend), just that due to the load of 376 applicants it was easier this way. Does it make life a bit more difficult for us that have been waiting for boards or have submitted numerous times? Yes. But does it expedite an already long process made abnormally long due to board cancellations? Damn straight.

I have something unsightly in my past. My other friend on this board has something unsightly, as do some other non-selectees. Does it make them bad people? Bad officers? Of course not. But the inclusion of such information allows a line of "haves" and "have nots" to be drawn with more ease.

Other than what I previously stated about "easy outs," there is no reason why some the folks I have conversed with were not selected. I suggest you start taking some practice swings in the batter cage. November's coming up quick.

Seafort

The earliest I can resubmit is, probably, six months from now. I am waiting for a call from my OR now to confirm.

It is possible I may be able to go before another board, but I'm not sure.

bluemarlin04

The earliest I can resubmit is, probably, six months from now. I am waiting for a call from my OR now to confirm.

It is possible I may be able to go before another board, but I'm not sure.

If you already asked for a reconsider and got a non select it is a six month wait according to my recruiter.

Seafort

Okay, it's officially decided. I am returning to the States. Although added coursework may not matter, and the board may not count it towards my GPA, it will put me in the right environment to bust out on the ASTB. I will also be hiring a tutor. I will also shift fire; NFO is now my first choice. And I think that's my last comment for the September boards.

WhiskeyTango182

So... Called my recruiter this morning. And he told me September results are not out... And that I won't know for 6 weeks because there was no Pilot board... However I was definitely in for September. Suggestions? Is everyone that got word back prior?

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
So... Called my recruiter this morning. And he told me September results are not out... And that I won't know for 6 weeks because there was no Pilot board... However I was definitely in for September. Suggestions? Is everyone that got word back prior?

Results are out. I am a non-prior and my recruiter called Friday (9/24) with results. Try shooting the recruiter from NY who runs his own blog an e-mail to get word. I saw a few guys here reached out to him and he informed them if they were pro-rec or not. That guy seems to be on top of his game.

nyusn.blogspot.com

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

Your recruiter is full of it. Most people were able to find out on Friday. I was a Pilot Pro-Rec, so I know that there were pilot boards in the month of September. It's possible your recruiter was mistaken and thinking of October boards?

WhiskeyTango182

Your recruiter is full of it. Most people were able to find out on Friday. I was a Pilot Pro-Rec, so I know that there were pilot boards in the month of September. It's possible your recruiter was mistaken and thinking of October boards?

Well he said he was going to call the processor and sort things out... some 2 hours ago. Waiting for a call back. Fingers crossed for good news.