• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

WhiskeyTango182

Yeah... I know most people have. I thought I would be less upset than I am haha. I guess that's just what happens when you're a girl. I suppose I just try and get an additional LOR and do better on the ASTB.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Nah, I was really bummed too, that's how you know you really want it. Concentrate on the ASTB, I had a low GPA in a tech major and only a few LORs, so kick ass on the ASTB and your chances increase exponentially. IMHO

CountryBoy8184

Former NFO-select, now SNA
Just got word that I'm a pro-rec NFO...this is the happiest day of my life!!!!! I'm so glad the long process is finally over, now to prepare for the next step. To all who got selected, congratulations and look forward to serving the US Navy with each of you! To all who didn't, keep your heads up and try again! HOOYAH!!!!

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Just got word that I'm a pro-rec NFO...this is the happiest day of my life!!!!! I'm so glad the long process is finally over, now to prepare for the next step. To all who got selected, congratulations and look forward to serving the US Navy with each of you! To all who didn't, keep your heads up and try again! HOOYAH!!!!

Congrats.. Post your stats please.

CountryBoy8184

26/M
Non-prior/No Flight Time

University of Louisiana @ Lafayette
BS Applied Sciences (Heavy Chemical Engineering/Computer Science Background)
2.65 GPA (Not proud of it, but engineering wasn't what I wanted to do)
Former member of Louisiana Engineering Society and American Institute of Chemical Engineers

Pilot/NFO/IW
7/7/9/60
O-4 Pilot Instructor interview (scored 10)
LOR - Naval O-6, Army E-4, Army E-5 (High School Mentor)
Physically Cleared
Security Clearance

And a whole mess of other trials I had to go through to get this far, lol. I may have forgotten a few items, but this was the only stats I could think of for now. Let me know if I missed anything.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Well congrats again man.. And really, you already have gotten your security clearance done? When did you start the process? And I didn't even think they started your security clearance until you were accepted..

CountryBoy8184

Started about midway through the application process. My recruiter thought it in my best interest to get that AND the physical finished before submitting the application. That way when they review me, they could see that I am already cleared and ready should they accept me. Thanks, by the way.

sdgigles

Are you applying INTEL? I started the process, but the woman interviewing me told me that it probably wouldn't clear for another 8 months or so

CountryBoy8184

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Eaglei22, my first contact was October '09, first submitted in June '10. Had alot of obstacles to deal with, took a LONG time, lol.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I already have my security clearance. I was originally doing NUPOC and with that you have to do the whole NASIS and clearance thing before the DC interview.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I already have my security clearance. I was originally doing NUPOC and with that you have to do the whole NASIS and clearance thing before the DC interview.

I thank the Army for doing my security clearance. At least they helped me there.

Hey all,

Received an email from my recruiter yesterday that said, "Congratulations on getting selected for pilot." Before I got really excited, I wanted to speak with him in person and he just confirmed it. Pro-rec SNA. Birthday was Sept. 20th and I have had about the worst week ever, so this is a really nice gift!

25/M/Non-prior
3.1 BA in Communications from CSUS
7/8/8 63
MEPS cleared
No flight time

LOR: Retired O-4 JROTC teacher, brand new O-1 fraternity president, regional director of the FAA in Alaska, HR rep at old job

High School - Two letter winner for 3 years, Captain of one, AFJROTC for two years, Student council for two years

College - Multiple intramural sports for three years, fraternity involvement including public relations positions, full time job for most of college

Just wanted to add a few things. My packet probably wasn't pretty. I admitted to trying marijuana, I also admitted to being sent to collections (sold my car to my father and forgot to do release of liability so CA DMV garnished tax return), I had multiple withdraws in the first two years of my college career, etc. The only really good things were my ASTB scores, MEPS being cleared, possibly motivational statement and my LORs. I wrote one of them and had it signed off, two others were really solid. My family is a military family and for at least the last three generations, every male on both sides has gone in. Not sure if something like that is relevant, but I made a note in my motivational statement. Finally, I turned 26 on Sep 20th. For board purposes, I was still 25. Not sure if that helped any.

I write all this to give others some indication that you don't have to be perfect to get selected. I noticed that most of the pro-recs I have seen were priors or had flight time, even both. It had me a little worried, but it worked out. Don't get discouraged.

Daniel