• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Lol, don't go over the edge of the cliff yet; it is third-hand information after all.
If the board was delayed for any reason, it makes sense that we'd likely see an update on that soon (like the April board). If not, results might pop tomorrow. Who knows?
This might be a reason to reign in the refreshing though. Maybe only once every five minutes instead of twice now.

aleximus

In the meantime, I'll take this opportunity to ask a few questions that I feel weren't straightly answered by my OR, since many people here seem to have a bit of experience with this whole deal.

-If I got my security interview 3 months ago, and about 2.5 months ago was the last interview for anyone associated with me, will I hear anything back about clearance?

-Also, is that clearance transferable? For instance if, not being selected for the Navy, I applied to the Air Force or CIA. I don't believe I was ever told for sure what level of clearance it really was.

-If you are granted the clearance (and are cleared at MEPS), after selection, are there any more snags that would hold a candidate back from OCS? (other than possibly obvious things like 5 DUIs immediately after)

-How long does one generally wait between selection and getting an OCS date? (then getting to OCS itself?)

-If not selected, can you reapply to the same board even if there are no real changes in your application? (Same job, experience, GPA, OAR)

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
In the meantime, I'll take this opportunity to ask a few questions that I feel weren't straightly answered by my OR, since many people here seem to have a bit of experience with this whole deal.

-If I got my security interview 3 months ago, and about 2.5 months ago was the last interview for anyone associated with me, will I hear anything back about clearance?

-Also, is that clearance transferable? For instance if, not being selected for the Navy, I applied to the Air Force or CIA. I don't believe I was ever told for sure what level of clearance it really was.

-If you are granted the clearance (and are cleared at MEPS), after selection, are there any more snags that would hold a candidate back from OCS? (other than possibly obvious things like 5 DUIs immediately after)

-How long does one generally wait between selection and getting an OCS date? (then getting to OCS itself?)

-If not selected, can you reapply to the same board even if there are no real changes in your application? (Same job, experience, GPA, OAR)
I'll take two of these.
"-How long does one generally wait between selection and getting an OCS date? (then getting to OCS itself?)"
As far as assigning a class date, I haven't been playing as close attention to those numbers, maybe two months before ship. I'm not really sure.
Right now it appears that a 4-6 month wait is about average to OCS report. This assumes you don't have any special circumstances such as age, circumstances on separation from another branch, etc.
"-If not selected, can you reapply to the same board even if there are no real changes in your application? (Same job, experience, GPA, OAR)"
Yes, but you must wait 6 months from the time you are notified, to the time you resubmit your kit.