• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
You should know that your earning potential stifles once you go active duty, no matter what your educational background is. :)

Tell me about it. I'll be going from being an attorney working at one of the largest firms in the country to an O-1E. LOL. There will be a dramatic standard of living adjustment.

psulaw0929

Standard of living adjustment??? That's a LIFE adjustment. Standard of living is the least of your worries.

I'm not as concerned about the life adjustment. While I'm sure being an officer and and intelligence professional will be different from being enlisted and a nuke, I grew up in a navy family (Dad did 27 years) and have my enlisted experience to at least refer to as far as what to expect. However, I don't want my wife to have a dramatic standard of living change just because I want to pursue my own personal patriotic pursuits (gotta love the alliteration right there) ;)

psulaw0929

Just on FYI National OPO just posted in his blog about the board.

At least we know that the board convened on time as opposed to the possibility presented yesterday that they still had not convened. Does anyone know whether the 20% selection for the RC IDC Board is higher than average or lower than average?

psulaw0929

From National OPO: "All - information from within NRC is that the RC IDC DCO board results (from the 15Sep14) board were released back on 18Sep to the NRDs. The selection rate at that RC IDC DCO board was 20%. The results for the AC IDC board have still not been given back to NRC by the IDC community. But that AC IDC board did start on 15Sep as was scheduled. As is often the case, NRC is at the mercy of the community (in this case the AC IDC community) to conclude the board and provide the results back to NRC for final procecessing/validation before pushing the results out to the fleet and NRDs. The results are expected any day now from the AC IDC community back to NRC. And as soon as NRC gets the results, will push them out to the fleet (by BOL) and to the NRDs through the Recruiting Regions."

psulaw0929

From National OPO: "All - information from within NRC is that the RC IDC DCO board results (from the 15Sep14) board were released back on 18Sep to the NRDs. The selection rate at that RC IDC DCO board was 20%. The results for the AC IDC board have still not been given back to NRC by the IDC community. But that AC IDC board did start on 15Sep as was scheduled. As is often the case, NRC is at the mercy of the community (in this case the AC IDC community) to conclude the board and provide the results back to NRC for final procecessing/validation before pushing the results out to the fleet and NRDs. The results are expected any day now from the AC IDC community back to NRC. And as soon as NRC gets the results, will push them out to the fleet (by BOL) and to the NRDs through the Recruiting Regions."

Did anyone else catch a sense of irritation in the OPO's tone? "still have not been given back . . ." "NRC is at the mercy of the community (in this case the AC IDC community)." "The results are expected any day now . . ." I wonder if this is a little bit of a prod for the board to hurry up.

psulaw0929

Did anyone else catch a sense of irritation in the OPO's tone? "still have not been given back . . ." "NRC is at the mercy of the community (in this case the AC IDC community)." "The results are expected any day now . . ." I wonder if this is a little bit of a prod for the board to hurry up.

Because I'm sure the members of the board are avid Airwarriors followers :)

dmamula

Does anyone know whether the 20% selection for the RC IDC Board is higher than average or lower than average?

Just remember this is RC listings (a completly different board then what we are applying for).

Board history:

SEP09 (first FY10 board) - 174 applicants. Selected 57 INTEL. (Last INTEL-only board.)
MAR10 (second FY10 board) - 278 applicants. Selected 31 INTEL, 11 IW, 13 IP, 0 OCEANO. (First joint IDC board.)
SEP10 (first FY11 board) - 262 applicants. Selected 41 INTEL, 10 IW, 5 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR11 (second FY11 board) - 283 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP11 (first FY12 board) - 348 applicants. Selected 55 INTEL, 12 IW, 7 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR12 (second FY12 board) - 243 applicants. Selected 59 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP12 (first FY13 board) - 285 applicants. Selected 54 INTEL, 6 IW, 5 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR13 (second FY13 board) - 234 applicants. Selected 53 INTEL, 7 IW, 5 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP13 (first FY14 board) - 196 applicants. Selected 50 INTEL, 8 IW, 6 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR14 (second FY14 board) - 190 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP14 (first FY15 board) - 235 applicants. Selected 38 INTEL, 4 IW, 3 IP, 2 OCEANO.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
How messed up would it be if someone created an account called "boardmember14" and then started commenting in threads?
Personally, I think that'd be great. We could ask all of the burning questions we've been speculating about for the last 54 pages (e.g. what they're looking for, motivational statements, cutoff standards, etc.).
I'd imagine that that would probably be a conflict of interest until after results are released though.