• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Just remember this is RC listings (a completly different board then what we are applying for).

Hmm. Well taking into consideration that this is for RC and not AC, and that the needs of the Navy have nothing to do with percentage-quotas, 20% is low. The three boards prior to the SEP14 board were in the high 20s to low 30s percentages. And the mean of the data presented above is around 25.6% with a median of 23% (Range 14, 20% to 34%). Although, the mode is 20%. I just hope this isn't indicative of the AC needs of the Navy being lower as well.

psulaw0929

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the National OPO? I'm new to this Navy thing....

I believe he is the National Director of Officer Programs. My guess is that "OPO" stands for "Officer Programs Officer." However, the person who is "National OPO" on here has this listed in his profile, "Ex-Director, Navy Officer Programs at Navy Recruiting Command. Responsible for all OCS, ODS, and SELRES officer programs." So, he may not be the current Director of Navy Officer Programs but still has an ear at NRC.

Last edited:

aleximus

Given the "any day now" comment followed by what seems like several steps, I simply interpreted that long blog entry as " not today or tomorrow."

exNavyOffRec

Hmm. Well taking into consideration that this is for RC and not AC, and that the needs of the Navy have nothing to do with percentage-quotas, 20% is low. The three boards prior to the SEP14 board were in the high 20s to low 30s percentages. And the mean of the data presented above is around 25.6% with a median of 23% (Range 14, 20% to 34%). Although, the mode is 20%. I just hope this isn't indicative of the AC needs of the Navy being lower as well.

AC and RC are two different animals, you cannot gauge one from the other.

exNavyOffRec

Did anyone else catch a sense of irritation in the OPO's tone? "still have not been given back . . ." "NRC is at the mercy of the community (in this case the AC IDC community)." "The results are expected any day now . . ." I wonder if this is a little bit of a prod for the board to hurry up.

It has been this way for years, IDC over-selected several years ago and screwed up boards for a few years, the PM said they didn't use as a guide what NRC gave them, went off what they thought numbers should be or something like that.

PensacolaBayou

I take a few days off and return to see that the board may not have started, then it maybe did, then that it did but NRD is waiting on IDC results just as impatiently as we are, and in the end we still have no idea what our futures are. I am feeling the glow of national service here, folks.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I take a few days off and return to see that the board may not have started, then it maybe did, then that it did but NRD is waiting on IDC results just as impatiently as we are, and in the end we still have no idea what our futures are. I am feeling the glow of national service here, folks.

This is pretty much how everything in the Navy goes. I think that this is a good indoctrination for those who are entering Naval service.

psulaw0929

This is pretty much how everything in the Navy goes. I think that this is a good indoctrination for those who are entering Naval service.

Ah, the old "Hurry up and wait." Another one of my favorites was, "A clean ship is a happy ship, so if you're not happy, clean the ship."

plastycx

Never Giving Up
literally just talked with the OCS processor. he said the packets are still with the board and they aren't finished. He stressed that he is pissed because they are taking their sweet time. He is ready to post but the board hasn't released yet.