• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
literally just talked with the OCS processor. he said the packets are still with the board and they aren't finished. He stressed that he is pissed because they are taking their sweet time. He is ready to post but the board hasn't released yet.
WHAT?! NO!!!! STOP!!!!

fedman28

literally just talked with the OCS processor. he said the packets are still with the board and they aren't finished. He stressed that he is pissed because they are taking their sweet time. He is ready to post but the board hasn't released yet.

Well on the bright side, that could be a good thing. Meaning they are taking their time to do the "whole person" concept :)

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Well on the bright side, that could be a good thing. Meaning they are taking their time to do the "whole person" concept :)

I find it hard to believe that a group of O-5 and O-6s who some are probably COs and XOs have been spending weeks reviewing applications. These people have jobs and can't really afford to be away from them for that long.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015

I agree. As much as it sucks to wait, it makes me feel like they're (hopefully) taking the time to genuinely look through the kits and evaluate candidates. They could have filtered out a bunch of individuals based on (insert whatever the weakness of anyone's individual package is) and not even have taken the time to consider (insert whatever the strengths are of anyone's individual package). I didn't apply to this board but I would rather wait and feel like I was given a fair chance than get quick results and always wonder if they even considered XYZ. Or, they could just be in there playing video games and eating pizza.

exNavyOffRec

I find it hard to believe that a group of O-5 and O-6s who some are probably COs and XOs have been spending weeks reviewing applications. These people have jobs and can't really afford to be away from them for that long.

It is generally one O-6, and a couple O-4's or an O-4 and O-5, but you are correct, it can be as simple as waiting on the YN to type the list for the board members, or they are waiting on info to decide the cutoff, or they could just be busy, this is probably low on the priority list.

Rickblaine22

Do you think there is any back channeling? Like lets say CDR Johnson is a board member. He looks at your application and sees that LCDR Stevens wrote you a letter or did an appraisal. CDR Johnson and LCDR Stevens were room mates at USNA. Does CDR Johnson call LCDR Stevens and say, "Hey whats really up with this guy/gal?"

fedman28

Do you think there is any back channeling? Like lets say CDR Johnson is a board member. He looks at your application and sees that LCDR Stevens wrote you a letter or did an appraisal. CDR Johnson and LCDR Stevens were room mates at USNA. Does CDR Johnson call LCDR Stevens and say, "Hey whats really up with this guy/gal?"

I highly doubt they have time to do all of that, but you never know.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

I've seen it happen on a supply board once, but agreed it's few and far in between.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
We just had a TAD Ensign check onboard who is Intel. No prior enlisted experience. 3.8 GPA, history major (only bachelors degree), 64 OAR score, and an interview from an O6 intel officer. Hope this helps.

fedman28

We just had a TAD Ensign check onboard who is Intel. No prior enlisted experience. 3.8 GPA, history major (only bachelors degree), 64 OAR score, and an interview from an O6 intel officer. Hope this helps.

Hummm very interesting.

exNavyOffRec

My understanding is that they are not supposed to talk about any candidates once the board is over, only things like "those selected tended to have XXX"

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
CDR Johnson and LCDR Stevens were room mates at USNA.

I think that if one of the board members see an appraisal or LOR from someone who he or she has served with and they think highly of this person's word, it could hold some very strong weight with their decision to select.