• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

Skikopey

We just had a TAD Ensign check onboard who is Intel. No prior enlisted experience. 3.8 GPA, history major (only bachelors degree), 64 OAR score, and an interview from an O6 intel officer. Hope this helps.

Sorry, not meant to be facetious, but how is this supposed to help?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sorry, not meant to be facetious, but how is this supposed to help?

To give the civilian applicants a guide on who they've been selecting for IDC Programs. If you look at my competitive profile thread, 3.0 + GPA and 50 OAR score is considered competitive for Intel. Realistically speaking, that's not true and I've been meaning to find folks selected, pick their brain, find their stats, and post those to give a better gauge on who the boards have been selecting.

Rickblaine22

I think that if one of the board members see an appraisal or LOR from someone who he or she has served with and they think highly of this person's word, it could hold some very strong weight with their decision to select.

That sounds more realistic now that I think about it.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
To give the civilian applicants a guide on who they've been selecting for IDC Programs. If you look at my competitive profile thread, 3.0 + GPA and 50 OAR score is considered competitive for Intel. Realistically speaking, that's not true and I've been meaning to find folks selected, pick their brain, find their stats, and post those to give a better gauge on who the boards have been selecting.

You've gotta admit that OAR score is pretty impressive though. Most folks that I've seen in this thread, save @psulaw0929, have between 50-55.
50, 3.0 is probably competitive in the same way that 80, 80 for pushups and sit-ups is 'competitive' for BUDS; yeah, it'll get you in the door maybe, but you'd better be ready to slog a lot more than your body-weight if you wanna make it.

Rickblaine22

When I took the OAR, I wasn't even sure what was considered good or not. The OR in the office said he would be happy with anyone who got above a 45. Like someone else said, 45 is probably above "passing" but it certainly isn't blowing it out of the water.

aleximus

I took the AFOQT and did a stellar job on it, and when I looked into the OAR, I heard it was easier. I don't think that is true (and I don't prefer computer tests), and I ended up getting a 55 on my OAR. If I am not selected, I will definitely study up and retake it, brushing up a little more on physics. I do wish the OAR score was broken down like the AFOQT so you know exactly where you need the most focus.

PensacolaBayou

I assume that Monday will be a holiday. I thought I read somewhere that this coming Friday was also a holiday. Does that mean that if we do not have anything by 5pm Central on Thursday that we should expect news to be Tuesday or later?

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
You've gotta admit that OAR score is pretty impressive though. Most folks that I've seen in this thread, save @psulaw0929, have between 50-55.
50, 3.0 is probably competitive in the same way that 80, 80 for pushups and sit-ups is 'competitive' for BUDS; yeah, it'll get you in the door maybe, but you'd better be ready to slog a lot more than your body-weight if you wanna make it.

My OR told me that I needed at least a 60 to be competitive. When I got a 63, I was disappointed and worried that it would not be competitive enough since it was on the lower side of the 60s. Then I start reading threads and it seemed as if OAR score isn't even a major factor in consideration of the whole person concept.

I'm interested in RUFiO181's comment, "We just had a TAD Ensign check onboard who is Intel. No prior enlisted experience. 3.8 GPA, history major (only bachelors degree), 64 OAR score, and an interview from an O6 intel officer." It seems as if the factors I have read that the board is looking for such as a graduate degree, STEM undergrad, and prior service weren't the case here. And things like OAR, which, as I mentioned, weren't as big a consideration, carried more weight.

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that there really is no rhyme or reason to the board's choices.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that there really is no rhyme or reason to the board's choices.

ALRIGHT. So here's the REAL selection board process, guys:
We're all just placed on a giant dart board, and the board members drink beer, eat pizza, and occasionally take a crack at the board to make a selection.
Our slivers of the gigantic selection circle are proportional to the stats of our packages, with higher GPAs and OAR scores getting bigger chunks.
The duration of the board is usually the equivalent of three viewings of Top Gun, The Hunt for Red October, or the selecting community's movie equivalent. For example, JAG watches "A Few Good Men," and the IDC watches "War Games."
Once done, the results are compiled and sent to NRC via a courier pigeon (again, this varies with community [IDC uses owls as a nod to Harry Potter]).
Some time later, NRC receives the results, and the rest is history.

Phoenix84

ALRIGHT. So here's the REAL selection board process, guys:
We're all just placed on a giant dart board, and the board members drink beer, eat pizza, and occasionally take a crack at the board to make a selection.
Our slivers of the gigantic selection circle are proportional to the stats of our packages, with higher GPAs and OAR scores getting bigger chunks.
The duration of the board is usually the equivalent of three viewings of Top Gun, The Hunt for Red October, or the selecting community's movie equivalent. For example, JAG watches "A Few Good Men," and the IDC watches "War Games."
Once done, the results are compiled and sent to NRC via a courier pigeon (again, this varies with community [IDC uses owls as a nod to Harry Potter]).
Some time later, NRC receives the results, and the rest is history.
BWAHAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!! :D