• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

CTHER28

This female written OCS packing list from 2021 pretty much says bring all the hair products you need! https://www.errantensign.com/the-real-female-navy-ocs-packing-list/

I plan on bringing non aerosol hair spray, wax stick,and gel in terms of styling product. I have long, frizzy, wavy hair šŸ˜
Oh thank you thatā€™s great! Putting my hair in a bun destroys it so I have a few things I like to use to help that and donā€™t want to part with them lol.

This is a frivolous question and probably more for females- Iā€™ve seen you can bring some hair products, but is there a limit to what you can bring? Is it just shampoo/conditioner and hair spray or can we bring other hair care products like hair oil or a wax stick for putting hair up?
You can bring all that youā€™ve listed, as well as hair gel, non aerosol hair spray, and a hair dryer. Basically anything you need goes, so long as it fits in a drawer and doesnā€™t contain hemp.

parin365

SWO Applicant
sTUPID qUESTION: For SWO, does your OAR score matter more than your GPA, or vice versa? I have a very rigorous major, and my GPA is shit. However, I SMOKED the OAR on my 2nd attempt.

sTUPID qUESTION: For SWO, does your OAR score matter more than your GPA, or vice versa? I have a very rigorous major, and my GPA is shit. However, I SMOKED the OAR on my 2nd attempt.
I think you'll be fine. I had a shit gpa for aviation and smoked the astb. And my major wasn't stem. I doubt they'll be picky when it comes to SWO selection. We really need swos. What are your numbers?

parin365

SWO Applicant
I think you'll be fine. I had a shit gpa for aviation and smoked the astb. And my major wasn't stem. I doubt they'll be picky when it comes to SWO selection. We really need swos. What are your numbers?
Major: aerospace engineering
OAR: 62
GPA: 2.61 (but during the submission phase and due to time crunch, I told my recruiter that my GPA went up to a 2.8 after taking summer classes)

GGDIDI

Iā€™d suggest looking at the most recent SWO board stats throughout the this site to get an idea. I had a 46 OAR and 3.6 cumulative GPA and was selected.

Empire16

Is the minimum sat high or good low for the ist now? I know aim higher because you are tired hungry etc when you take it. Just trying to get a straight answer since I keep seeing conflicting info. Thanks

PepperPerry

Current Teacher, Aspiring SWO
The magazine/booklet I was given about OCS says no books outside of Navy ones. So, no books for pleasure? Could I bring history books on naval topics, or does it literally mean no books other than ones they give you there?

The magazine/booklet I was given about OCS says no books outside of Navy ones. So, no books for pleasure? Could I bring history books on naval topics, or does it literally mean no books other than ones they give you there?
Other than a bible you're pretty much SOL but there are some reading materials they will give you. The Navy Atlas is required reading but also genuinely interesting