• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

PepperPerry

Current Teacher, Aspiring SWO
I asked if I could be rolled to November because I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to pass the PRT. Also so there’s more transition time for my school.

Was told no - and that I don’t have to pass the PRT before going, or when I first get there. I was told they’d roll me into the class to get my PT up and that they don’t immediately separate anymore. Is this true?

whereiswaldo

IDK where I am
I asked if I could be rolled to November because I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to pass the PRT. Also so there’s more transition time for my school.

Was told no - and that I don’t have to pass the PRT before going, or when I first get there. I was told they’d roll me into the class to get my PT up and that they don’t immediately separate anymore. Is this true?
My recruiter told me the same thing. And the scuttlebutt is that you don’t roll for failing the IST the first week of OCS.

You will have to pass the PRT in the JOC phase though to avoid being rolled.

Stub918

Hi folks, extra dumb question about OCS PRT standards. If someone had a birthday while at OCS and changed age groups, would the standards for the later PRTs in OCS reflect that new age group or would it stay at whatever you checked in as? TIA

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
Hi folks, extra dumb question about OCS PRT standards. If someone had a birthday while at OCS and changed age groups, would the standards for the later PRTs in OCS reflect that new age group or would it stay at whatever you checked in as? TIA
idk anyone this happened to while I was at OCS, but this is probably a question for your Candios. I would think that you would be graded against the standards of whatever age group you're in at the time of the PRT.