• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 01 JUN 2021

GameChanger

I’m praying the results will be published and released tomorrow. I feel like being selected in my case is a long shot, needing several waivers and being in 11 years in and 34 years old, but I don’t feel like it should be a limiting factor. I put in my personal statement that I “dream to be a captain someday “, hoping it would show the board that attrition shouldn’t be a concern with me! Shoot, I hope we all get in!

Triumph_MAC

I’m praying the results will be published and released tomorrow. I feel like being selected in my case is a long shot, needing several waivers and being in 11 years in and 34 years old, but I don’t feel like it should be a limiting factor. I put in my personal statement that I “dream to be a captain someday “, hoping it would show the board that attrition shouldn’t be a concern with me! Shoot, I hope we all get in!
You’ll be fine my dude, have faith my friend. I went to the board with 14 years and 34 years of age. I addressed my TIS and Age as well so hopefully the board considers the experience we have as an asset.

DREWTHEREBEL

Just another OCS Hopeful
Bro I went into this board with 3 waivers . One for age, math and oar. How I see it and this goes for everyone , keep grinding for that commission . I will try my hardest to fulfil my dream to be commissioned as everyone here shall because all you really need is one yes . If the board don’t see us as additions to such a great community then it’s more so their loss . So keep putting in as much as you can. I got a few more times to put in before I can’t anymore . I felt discouraged too when I sent my package but whatever result will let me know what I need to do better for next time.

Triumph_MAC

Bro I went into this board with 3 waivers . One for age, math and oar. How I see it and this goes for everyone , keep grinding for that commission . I will try my hardest to fulfil my dream to be commissioned as everyone here shall because all you really need is one yes . If the board don’t see us as additions to such a great community then it’s more so their loss . So keep putting in as much as you can. I got a few more times to put in before I can’t anymore . I felt discouraged too when I sent my package but whatever result will let me know what I need to do better for next time.
Same here, I had an age, TIS, and OAR. It’s up to the board to decide who they feel will be the best fit for that community. I made sure to address all of my waivers and why I waited so long to apply.

NavyFanatic32

I had a question and wondered how this worked. For those that want to promote to O-5 (after picking up O-4) I heard they basically need a MBA. I heard this will occur around year 8 or so through NPS. What happens if someone comes into Supply already with a MBA? Would they be at an advantage or disadvantage? Would they have to go back to school? I know we all aren’t in yet but was just curious.

Triumph_MAC

Yeah same here I wanna know too
DNR could come from a few things, such as they have maxed out their ASTB chances and have such low score that re-applying wouldn’t make sense. Other factors such as certain waivers needed are no longer accepted and so forth. @exNavyOffRec will definitely have more insight but from what I’ve read that’s the gist of it.

Triumph_MAC

I had a question and wondered how this worked. For those that want to promote to O-5 (after picking up O-4) I heard they basically need a MBA. I heard this will occur around year 8 or so through NPS. What happens if someone comes into Supply already with a MBA? Would they be at an advantage or disadvantage? Would they have to go back to school? I know we all aren’t in yet but was just curious.
When I was sitting an interview with a SUPPO, I asked that same question. He said it would probably help with the board but if you already have an MBA, you more than likely wouldn’t need to apply for the MBA program and that would give you a better chance at applying for a DH tour or speciality training to be a COR, fuel specialty, etc.
Having your MBA should help your chances with the selection board though. My masters is in Exercise Science and I’m hoping that helps me.

exNavyOffRec

DNR could come from a few things, such as they have maxed out their ASTB chances and have such low score that re-applying wouldn’t make sense. Other factors such as certain waivers needed are no longer accepted and so forth. @exNavyOffRec will definitely have more insight but from what I’ve read that’s the gist of it.

I was going to say something similar, there is no set checklist it is basically that the board members feel this is a person they would not consider if the person reapplied, but a person that keeps applying and keeps being told no has rec'd a DNR, or waivers that technically can be accepted but the board won't entertain, things along those lines.