• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

almond_615

The only thing giving me hope that results will be out before Friday, is that more applications are due Friday. I really can’t imagine the Navy forcing everyone to lose out on a chance to reapply, just because they’re waiting on a signature. Who knows... but my bet is still on this week.

Since we have to wait six months after the results are released, I don't think it matters to them anyway.

Are there circumstances that would allow us to apply within 6 months? My recruiter seems to think that I can reapply for the next board which has a deadline of Friday while waiting on a result from this board.

almond_615

Are there circumstances that would allow us to apply within 6 months? My recruiter seems to think that I can reapply for the next board which has a deadline of Friday while waiting on a result from this board.

This has been discussed several times on this and other threads. But Absent significant changes, you cannot repply for 12 months

n0rthstar

And, contrary to what some have been told, a "significant change" is not a new statement or another LOR. It's things like conferred degrees, updated OAR scores, etc.

I read that a reconsideration is different from a reapplication. Doing a reconsideration allows you to try again immediately, is that true?

That is the thing, my recruiter made it seem like if I just add a LOR from my supervisor who I didn’t have a LOR from last time and ask for a reconsideration in my motivational statement, that it will count.

n0rthstar

To my knowledge, no. Obviously I’m not a recruiter, but what you’ve said is inconsistent with many other threads/boards.

EmmaG

I was able to reapply without the 6 month waiting period because I finished my masters degree. I reapplied with my graduate degree and that constituted a major change.