• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Maybe this is destined for the "stupid questions about Naval Aviation" thread, but when you are out there on station for 12 hrs, what do you do to pass the time? Are you busy, or is there a lot of down time? Obviously I'm not looking for any OPSEC-violating info here, but it seems like a lot of time to be up there.

Those tanker guys are pretty busy, always a line at the gas pump (what with the cheap prices and the good donuts!)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe this is destined for the "stupid questions about Naval Aviation" thread, but when you are out there on station for 12 hrs, what do you do to pass the time? Are you busy, or is there a lot of down time? Obviously I'm not looking for any OPSEC-violating info here, but it seems like a lot of time to be up there.

See the thread about rigging your iPod into the ICS.

Real answer: depends. We had fuck-all to do in Iraq...favorite was the "Movie Game" (Pilot names a movie, CP has to name someone who starred in it, RO has to name another movie the star was in, etc). Afghanistan was a lot busier. Not much excitement, but we actually had work to do.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Enough jet pics in the thread...

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 85

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ordnance2hd4.jpg

Now we use a lot less bombs. But sometimes they're bigger...as see in these gifts for Osama in the bomb farm between the island and deck edge on the John C. Stennis, OEF Dec 2001.

JADM_bomb_farm.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, so you post pictures of the ammo all us jet guys sling! But hey, vertrep is cool too! :icon_tong

Game. Set. Match.

Where would you be without us? Unless you guys want to fly to the beach every so often and bring them back one at a time. :)

Check Mate.

MasterBates

Not to start a pissing contest, but if all 60's got red-striped, your world (Pointy Nose) would be affected somewhat significantly.

You may not like them, but helos are needed. And they do more than PMC/SAR.

/end ex helo driver rant

MasterBates

Would not be surprised if his AW/Mechs were dropping 'ordnance' via side door or sono tubes.

And by ordnance, I mean the brown stink bomb.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
More HELO love ... HS-8 pullin' 2 F-4 drivers out of the drink. Kinda tough to make it out, but they're "there" ... :)

dsc01930gr0.jpg

dsc01936fo1.jpg

photos by A4sForever

phrogpilot73

If i put my helmet on and my flight gloves, will a pic of me behind my desk making some sweet power points make the cut?
That is an awesome idea for a "Questions" slide. Make sure your visor's down though ;)

favorite was the "Movie Game" (Pilot names a movie, CP has to name someone who starred in it, RO has to name another movie the star was in, etc).
We used to play "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" when on a long and boring cross country, or if we were flying over the western desert...

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Where would you be without us? Unless you guys want to fly to the beach every so often and bring them back one at a time. :)

Check Mate.

Oh I know, it was meant in total sarcasm. Although I'd gladly ferry them one at a time. More flight time and traps!!!

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 5 Aug 2008

4planebreak.jpg

Old R.O. is back ... tanned, rested and scanners blazing...

A division of VF-301 F-4S Phantom IIs in the break over NAS Miramar as seen from dash-4, July 1981

Status
Not open for further replies.