• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Is that what it's known as these days .... AMARC ??? I think the technical name of the "group" is "AMARG" ... i.e., "group".

I/we have always just called it ... Davis-Monthan.
Yep, the last time I was there was 11 years ago and they were calling it that. From the wiki article it looks like they refer to it as AMARG and use to be AMARC. Who knows anymore?

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
I've been to a civil boneyard out of Mojave, CA. We landed there coming back from a $100 hamburger trip (actually, it was a $100 omelet) from Kern Valley Airport up by Lake Isabella. We taxied to the hold short of the approach end and shut down, in the event we had to make a quick getaway. Then we went climbing around some of those hulking monsters... trying to sneak our way into the cockpit or cabins of the larger ones, all while keeping a sharp eye out for the owner of the property (rumor has it that he carries a gun with him).

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, the last time I was there was 11 years ago and they were calling it that. From the wiki article it looks like they refer to it as AMARG and use to be AMARC. Who knows anymore?

A4s is correct on both counts. Name changed to AMARG from AMARC, but who uses that? It's Davis-Monthan or the "Boneyard".

phrogpilot73

Davis-Monthan AKA the bone yard. I got to fly one of the last two H-3's from our squadron to the bone yard.
I've flown over Davis-Monthan twice. Both times, we could proudly say (as we looked down at F-14's, F/A-18's, CH-53's) that there were no Phrogs in the boneyard. Not so any longer. I know the crew that flew the first section of CH-46E's to the boneyard. Apparently, dash two was the first to shutdown - and they had a dual ECA failure. What does that mean to a non-Phrog guy? They pulled the Engine Condition Levers back to Start (should go to ground idle) and nothing happened to either engine. The crewchief had to disconnect the cannon plugs, and manually position the switches to kill fuel to both engines. I have never before or after heard of a dual ECA failure happening. To me, that's proof that aircraft have souls/personalities. She didn't want to shut down...

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
301st FW just landed at forward AB to replace the 147fw who also is from Texas.
DSC01745.jpg

DSC01746.jpg

Weps crew arming for the mission
DSC01409.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^^^Considering the trash smoke and the type of aircraft, I'd guess that this was in Central Iraq.....BTDT.

Some pics of the BONEYARD in Iraq:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Photos by ea6bflyr
-ea6bflyr ;)

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Are those some of the ones that hop into Savannah every now and again? Though.. I never noticed any 2-seaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.