• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All hail the greatest defensive shortstop ever . . .
bow2.gif

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
As long as we're discussing squadron names, what was the deal with these guys?? I remember hearing some pretty dirty epithets/monikers of them as a kid.....

va12_a_insig.jpg

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
As long as we're discussing squadron names, what was the deal with these guys?? I remember hearing some pretty dirty epithets/monikers of them as a kid.....

va12_a_insig.jpg

One of my LORs was in that squadron flying A-7s. :-D

The Flying Ubangis.

Which I think is some tribe in Africa. The Ubangi which to my knowledge live near the Ubangi River.

These people.

image006.jpg

Thus the lips.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
saw this pic of a Greek SLUF tonight, and I couldn't resist. Pretty cool "Corsair" pirate motiff going....

27147.jpg

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Humble contributions from Mayday

Wow. This is what I get for only logging into AW once a quarter. This thread took me at least FIVE (very enjoyable) HOURS to slog through! Geez.
Nice pics all around!

These are a few of the Blues taken under contract at K-Bay 2007. All photos courtesy of Henry Cho Photography (but all are released).

If you're interested in any for your desktop, PM me. I've got them all in super-ridiculously-high resolution, these are scaled down to less than 30% their original size.

Some others will follow...

-Mayday

Attachments

• LowTransition1.JPG
    LowTransition1.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 6Outbound.JPG
    6Outbound.JPG
    657.7 KB · Views: 216
  • TransSonic1.JPG
    TransSonic1.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 5HiAlpha.JPG
    5HiAlpha.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 165

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Found the description. Neat way to do a change of command, IMHO.

PACIFIC OCEAN (March 1, 2007) – Flying F/A-18C Hornets above USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), Capt. Craig Williams, foreground, and Capt. Richard Butler look up for a photo during their airborne change of command ceremony. Butler, a University of Kentucky graduate with more than 21 years of experience as a naval aviator, relieved Williams as the commander of Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 14 during an aerial change of command ceremony in the skies above Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group is currently underway in support of operations in the western Pacific. U.S. Navy photo by Lt. Cmdr. Tam Pham (RELEASED)

Here's another shot from the same ceremony.

Attachments

• 66755258qx5.jpg
    66755258qx5.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 241

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
It is too bad that VFA-25 didn't have their CAG bird available, so they both could have been flying a double-nuts.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 15 Sep 2008

Back again after a week at Tailhook '08 and a week of "other stuff."

1000deck.jpg

VF-154's CAG bird F-4J on board USS Ranger in mid-Pacific, October 1974. CAG Massey had just made his 1,000th trap, and the aircraft was painted as ModEx 1000 for the CVW-2 fly-in to NAS Miramar. Of note, Ranger was going into the yards for repairs, and the ship wanted the wing tanks off the boat -- they had been stored in the overhead of the hangar deck, since we never used them. Both squadrons (VF-154 and VF-21) flew off with empty wing tanks. This was the only time I ever saw Miramar-based Phantoms with them (1972-1985).

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...CAG Massey had just made his 1,000th trap, and the aircraft was painted as ModEx 1000 for the CVW-2 fly-in to NAS Miramar...

Any relation to "Skid" Massey, what was recently CAG-17? He was DCAG during the '04 JFK cruise, almost went over the side in a sliding Tomcat during the "dhow incident". Great guy.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Old R.O. you've got some beautiful pics from the '70s. They had cameras back then? :eek::D

Status
Not open for further replies.