• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The gate agents call the people who start standing in the boarding group one line before boarding ā€œgate liceā€.šŸ˜‚
Thatā€™s fairā€¦and earned. I wonā€™t say what I call the various members of the airline professionā€¦but those nicknames too are earned.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
I also don't think some of you appreciate the level of spend people have to have to get the top tier status levels. My coworkers who get United Global Service are buying 6-12k a month in biz class seats and keeping the miles. And they can steer fares towards their preferred airline if deviating from the scheduled deadhead.

United balked at them last year and wouldn't award the status, and enough moved their spend to get the invites returned en mass.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
United balked at them last year and wouldn't award the status, and enough moved their spend to get the invites returned en mass.
Because they work for a competitor? Iā€™m curious why United would balk at not awarding status to someone who is buying the tickets.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
I also don't think some of you appreciate the level of spend people have to have to get the top tier status levels. My coworkers who get United Global Service are buying 6-12k a month in biz class seats and keeping the miles. And they can steer fares towards their preferred airline if deviating from the scheduled deadhead.

Fedex pilots?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At Atlanta today, a Delta A350 and an Endeavor Air CRJ900 according to the news. I don't think that'll buff out, maybe duct tape?

26ACTR62TZBHBF3O42JR7XR7SE.png

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Frankly, I'm just amazed this doesn't happen more often. I don't know how you airline guys cope with these complex surface operations with crazy dense levels of traffic and ever complex taxi and runway configurations and the constant time pressure. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Oh my!!

Here's a better shot of the damaged tail:
View attachment 41092
Ouchā€¦ I donā€™t see evidence of an emergency evacuation, so I wonder how long the passengers were stuck onboard both planes after the crunch.

Thereā€™s definitely some lessons learned coming out of this one that I hope will get widely shared.

As for the Delta crew, thatā€™s a ā€œblue on blueā€, fellasā€¦ not cool. ;)