• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Frankly, I'm just amazed this doesn't happen more often. I don't know how you airline guys cope with these complex surface operations with crazy dense levels of traffic and ever complex taxi and runway configurations and the constant time pressure. Definitely not for the faint of heart.
As I recall from my days as a ramp ape with Continental (ORD) you have three guys who are all paid about $15 an hour pushing back several millions of dollars of aircraft while two pilots who are paid hundreds of dollars an hour chat about the new flight attendant and how much they hate management.

You know what? I’m kind of amazed as well.

Fins Out

As I recall from my days as a ramp ape with Continental (ORD) you have three guys who are all paid about $15 an hour pushing back several millions of dollars of aircraft while two pilots who are paid hundreds of dollars an hour chat about the new flight attendant and how much they hate management.

You know what? I’m kind of amazed as well.
How exactly does your story relate to something that didn't take place on the ramp or involve ramp personnel?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
How exactly does your story relate to something that didn't take place on the ramp or involve ramp personnel?
I thought it was a push back incident. My only knowledge is the pictures I see here…but my statement stands (for accuracy and humor purposes).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
@Griz882 watch the JB video I posted. Both aircraft were taxiing for departure. And looks like both airplanes were right on the yellow line but clearly not enough room to occupy the same space lol.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
The video of the mishap (posted on reddit)

Sucks for the both crews. Gets busy out there, best to just stop and figure it out. Recently had a situation at ORD north port between my A319 pushing and a 787 trying to park. We both stopped, pissing lots of folks off. We were like F U, we're not hitting each other because you ground and ramp controllers are in a hurry amongst all the other confusion. Shut north port down for nearly 15 minutes. We left ok and the 78 parked alright. Safety first.

S/F

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As for the Delta crew, that’s a “blue on blue”, fellas… not cool. ;)

Well not exactly........CRJ aint mainline metal, in spite of the DBA paintjob. More like blue on green maybe? :)

Kinda like when one of our guys went buck wild on the wholly owned airplane, after shrooms, recently