• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where old planes go when they "die"

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
T-man said:
Here's a nifty plane for y'all. I would love to see this one up close and personal.

They've got the one remaining at the AF Museum in Dayton, Ohio at Wright-Patt. First time I was there it was inside at the main museum, but now its off in some other hangar, still accessible to the public. VERY impressive looking plane.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
nfo2b said:
Forgive me, oh great (ahem...old) salty aviators, if this one's too easy for ya's. I once built a model of this one. I really like it.
Westland Wyvern ... post WW2 British "torpedo fighter-bomber" ... I kept getting it confused with the Hawker Sea Fury ... the counter-rotating props were making me crazy ... kind of like they did the designers and pilots of the Wyvern.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
A4sForever said:
A friend of mine has restored -- flying -- one of these.

1234ac.jpg
Fairey Firefly. British, WWII, reconaissance/antisub fighter. Your friend restored one of these? That's fantastic. I'd love to take a ride in the back seat of that thing.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
nfo2b said:
Fairey Firefly. British, WWII, reconaissance/antisub fighter. Your friend restored one of these? That's fantastic. I'd love to take a ride in the back seat of that thing.
Yeah, he got it in Australia, shipped it back here and ended up making many of the parts due to neccesity --- big bucks and much of the past 6-7 years .... I think they used 'em in Korea, too. Ground attack ....

p.s. He never got married --- and thus no "extra" expenses nor life-source-draining divorces -- and he's been a 747 Captain for 6-7 years .... perhaps there's a le$$on there ??? ..... :)

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
First off, holy dog ****, I go to work for 5 hours and this has gone from three pages to eight. Wow.

Second, who wants to guess this one?
Mya-VM-T-Atlant.jpg

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bell 222

also... none of you clowns have gotten mine right yet... back on page 3

Ryoukai

^ NOW you've got full credit. Airwolf is the best thing ever. I dare you to find me a supersonic, armor plated Bell 222. ;)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
^ NOW you've got full credit. Airwolf is the best thing ever. I dare you to find me a supersonic, armor plated Bell 222. ;)

Airwolf ran from 84-86... YOU were born in 1985. It wasn't "retro" to some of us, so don't think we didn't know what it was.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
Wasn't retro to me, either. It ran longer than that.

"Airwolf" was an action/adventure television series that lasted from January 22, 1984 to March 29, 1986 on CBS. Then it lasted from January 23, 1987 to August 7, 1987 on the USA Cable Network.

Glad you have lucid memories from when you were TWO.

Ryoukai

^ If you want to start up a **** storm over Airwolf and my memory, be my guest. You're going to get clowned and then we'll all feel like idiots, only you more so for starting a **** storm about Airwolf. I can ask my brother for an exact year as to when we both remember sitting down and watching Airwolf on TV...long before the day of TV shows on DVD.