• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03SEP24 SUPPLY BOARD

What makes you think you won’t make it?
I know this forum is a tiny sample size, but my OAR score is among the lower half. I’m so anxious to go to OCS since it’s taken me 3 years already to get to this point. I just want to hedge my bets and make sure I can get in for the next board just in case.

Clahai

I know this forum is a tiny sample size, but my OAR score is among the lower half. I’m so anxious to go to OCS since it’s taken me 3 years already to get to this point. I just want to hedge my bets and make sure I can get in for the next board just in case.
I know how you feel… but we got this!!! We are going to make it

What makes you think you won’t make it?
I also started studying to take it again, just in case. It's not that I'm not confident in my application as a whole, because I am. But when there's 171 people applying, it doesn't matter if there are 171 spots available, the Supply Board isn't accepting 171 people.

Clahai

I also started studying to take it again, just in case. It's not that I'm not confident in my application as a whole, because I am. But when there's 171 people applying, it doesn't matter if there are 171 spots available, the Supply Board isn't accepting 171 people.
You’re forgetting that they didn’t do a board in July and due to that, all those people rolled over so now the navy has to pick twice as much applicants to make up for missing last board

parin365

SWO Applicant
You’re forgetting that they didn’t do a board in July and due to that, all those people rolled over so now the navy has to pick twice as much applicants to make up for missing last board
Does this also mean SWO will have a high acceptance rate as well for the SEP board?

No, I know that the large amount of applicants is due to the board being pushed. I was one of the rolled over people. I'm just saying whether there were 20 people applying or 200 people applying, the board isn't going to have a 100% acceptance rate.

Last edited:
Is anyone else currently studying for OCS?

Here is the Officer Candidate Regulations 2022 (most recent from what I've gathered, but correct me if I'm wrong) and the very insightful OCS Survival Guide (updated in 2022). Credit goes to Airwarriors and those on this great site.

Attachments

• OTCNINST 1530.6M - OFFICER CANDIDATE REGULATIONS (14JUL22).pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 25
  • OCS Survivors Guide (DEC 2022).docx
    643.9 KB · Views: 17

exNavyOffRec

Enlighten us please
NRC distributes the available spots across all available boards, when they come out with a new board schedule they recalculate and adjust, when they get updated goals at the end of the year they recalculate and adjust. NRC always tries to make sure the spots available are even for each board. NRC also increased the number of Supply boards to increase the frequency as it provides a better flow of candidates and workflow.

NRC distributes the available spots across all available boards, when they come out with a new board schedule they recalculate and adjust, when they get updated goals at the end of the year they recalculate and adjust. NRC always tries to make sure the spots available are even for each board. NRC also increased the number of Supply boards to increase the frequency as it provides a better flow of candidates and workflow.
So considering the last board accepted 53 candidates, that would mean they're most likely going to accept approximately the same number of candidates for this board?

exNavyOffRec

So considering the last board accepted 53 candidates, that would mean they're most likely going to accept approximately the same number of candidates for this board?
Hard to predict, you have the number of boards increasing and they should be including the estimate for the next years needs until they get the hard goals. This means there are too many variables to make any type of guess. The other thing is that Supply is one of the designators that has in the past not used all the spots they can give out if they feel the candidates aren't good enough to select, the last board selected 53, maybe they had 53 to give, or maybe they had more than that but just didn't like the remaining candidates.