• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Upwardbound

Not true. I got pro-rec Y for NFO at the November board last year and turned it down for personal reasons, reapplied at this board and got selected. Having a recruiter put it on your app without your consent should be a no brainer for the board. There are of course no guarantees, but if you explain the situation in your professional statement, you have a non-zero chance of being selected. I believe others on this forum have been in your situation, reapplied, and got picked up for SNA.

One thing I will say though is if you want a guaranteed shot at flying in the Navy, you should take your pro-rec Y for SNFO and run with it. If you turn it down you will never be considered for SNFO again. If you consider that risk and still want to explain your case and go for SNA, then find a new recruiter and go for it.
So, what I'm told essentially is it was the board who said no to me being an SNA but selected me NFO. Now I spent too much of my life becoming a pilot to accept anything else. it really is pilot or no go for me. But if I turn it down, you say I can reapply but I'm told that since it was the board who selected it for me that's my only option. Now I don't know if my recruiter is shady or if the board will select NFOs time to time given that I was prior enlisted avionics technician Marine Corps. Personally, I think I would make a terrible NFO.

exNavyOffRec

So, what I'm told essentially is it was the board who said no to me being an SNA but selected me NFO. Now I spent too much of my life becoming a pilot to accept anything else. it really is pilot or no go for me. But if I turn it down, you say I can reapply but I'm told that since it was the board who selected it for me that's my only option. Now I don't know if my recruiter is shady or if the board will select NFOs time to time given that I was prior enlisted avionics technician Marine Corps. Personally, I think I would make a terrible NFO.
I would say you are being fed a line. If you know your heart wouldn't be in doing the NFO job there are other options, you can write a reconsideration letter and you can put in there that while you appreciated being selected for NFO before that you didn't not apply for NFO.

If you decide to decline do it via email, and be specific in your reason for declining.

There are of course risk but there are other options such as ANG if they tell you no to SNA.

vbts13

I wonder how they determine the ship dates amongst those of us who were selected. Some SNA’s going in November and January if I read correctly, and then some in FY24. Wonder how who gets what date is decided

Dboom85

Banned
If you spreadsheet has formulas that figure out the averages you should disable those that are ISPP, they are auto select as long as they meet the PA.
I just have one box that's dependent on it, for Priors that don't know what it is I think that would be a huge flag for them to go check it out when they see 100% of ISPP applications get selected.

On another note, I want to thank you @exNavyOffRec for all your guidance during this process. Taking in and understanding how this process works, how information is passed and handled, and what the board really looks for has helped me personally a ton with all the stress of waiting during this period. Thank you

smpl_dude

I just have one box that's dependent on it, for Priors that don't know what it is I think that would be a huge flag for them to go check it out when they see 100% of ISPP applications get selected.

On another note, I want to thank you @exNavyOffRec for all your guidance during this process. Taking in and understanding how this process works, how information is passed and handled, and what the board really looks for has helped me personally a ton with all the stress of waiting during this period. Thank you
For real though @exNavyOffRec is the real MVP for doing all this unpaid recruiting/advising. Our online unofficial recruiter :')

vbts13

Ditto, incredibly helpful. thank you

exNavyOffRec

Priors need to really look at the ISPP you are 100% right.