• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

Im still kinda taking it in, I probably will. I might try NFO to pilot in the future if timing permits but idk honestly I certainly don’t want to decline a commission if there’s a possibility of me getting barred from getting one again.

NFO to Pilot is an extremely competitive program, and very very few are picked. Only met one officer ever with both NFO and Pilot wings. NFO is great tho, I would have happily taken it if it had been the case, and I’ve never met an NFO (and I’ve met tons) that didn’t like it, or resented pilots, or whatever….that’s why they say, Double Anchors, Double the Fun
That's a thing? I thought there was zero path from NFO to pilot whatsoever. What does that even look like and what does that do to your service commitment? I vastly prefer to become a pilot, but at my age a single rejection for pilot might force me to apply NFO the second time around, so knowing there's a slim outside chance of going pilot in the future if I go that route is interesting to hear.

villo0692

That's a thing? I thought there was zero path from NFO to pilot whatsoever. What does that even look like and what does that do to your service commitment? I vastly prefer to become a pilot, but at my age a single rejection for pilot might force me to apply NFO the second time around, so knowing there's a slim outside chance of going pilot in the future if I go that route is interesting to hear.

csanfilippo9

My recruiter is an NFO and told me it’s a thing. Like @villo0692 said it’s super competitive and it depends on timing and needs of navy. The reason I’m intrigued by it is because I’m 23 I have time and If you accept it your service commitment does get extended and you revert back to flight school but things are more familiar because you are in the field. I want to do this for a career so I’m not really all that worried about the time. I’m confident in my ability to work hard, it’s all based off astb , and a thing called FITREP where they score you basically. 5 people got selected last time around which was in June.

csanfilippo9

Guys I don't know what to do with myself now that I no longer need to post memes about waiting for results. Guess I'll have to go outside........
You could have been me freaking out thinking I got selected for SNA proceeded to tell my dad then notice right after my name was under NFO. Either way after the initial shock I was pumped. I’ve wanted to aviation since I was 4. Things take a different path sometimes but it’s going to challenge me and I can’t work in corporate , it just isn’t me.

csanfilippo9

You could have been me freaking out thinking I got selected for SNA proceeded to tell my dad then notice right after my name was under NFO. Either way after the initial shock I was pumped. I’ve wanted to aviation since I was 4. Things take a different path sometimes but it’s going to challenge me and I can’t work in corporate , it just isn’t me.
Either way proud father son moment.

BDavis11

Contributor
My recruiter is an NFO and told me it’s a thing. Like @villo0692 said it’s super competitive and it depends on timing and needs of navy. The reason I’m intrigued by it is because I’m 23 I have time and If you accept it your service commitment does get extended and you revert back to flight school but things are more familiar because you are in the field. I want to do this for a career so I’m not really all that worried about the time. I’m confident in my ability to work hard, it’s all based off astb , and a thing called FITREP where they score you basically. 5 people got selected last time around which was in June.
Fitrep= fitness report. Pretty much a yearly evaluation of you among your peers