• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Dboom85

Banned
yes, but at this point nearly all of FY 22 selects for SNA are done with OCS, it is the OCS drops that are the concern as once they are past OCS they really can't make up losses via new accessions.

it really is a wait and see, I think the worst situation is they move forward with SNA for May and have the selection rate so low that they rejected nearly everyone causing them to jump through hoops again.

for those that are AD the new OCS ISPP PA will be a viable option for some to fast track a pro Y.
There was a lot of at the end of that I don’t know what they mean. What’s AD, ISPP, and PA?

It says no waivers so I'm assuming not even if the original PA allows waivers, or else I'd try to do it with a waiver for PFA. I'm not very clear on how it works.

JoeBob1788

I checked the other PAs (program authorizations), and AD (active duty) can still apply with waivers via normal boards. The AD-only ISPP (In-Service Procurement Program) does not accept waivers. So even if ISPP was a thing when I applied last fall, I wouldn’t have been eligible due to age, but with a waiver you can still do the process I did to get SNFO.

EDIT: if you didn’t understand those acronyms, you didn’t need to ? but now you know

exNavyOffRec

It says no waivers so I'm assuming not even if the original PA allows waivers, or else I'd try to do it with a waiver for PFA. I'm not very clear on how it works.
If you have no waivers you can apply via ISPP, if you do have waivers you need to apply via the other process.

Is there a separate board for the ISPP or do you apply when the normal board convenes? Also do you submit a full ocs package or just the Co's endorsement. The PA wasn't very clear.

exNavyOffRec

Is there a separate board for the ISPP or do you apply when the normal board convenes? Also do you submit a full ocs package or just the Co's endorsement. The PA wasn't very clear.
It looks like you apply whenever and my impression is that you would submit a full application as there is going to be some flag officer putting their name to that application giving a person a shot at OCS and bypassing the normal process.

I do wonder if a rev to the aviation PA is in the works since the current one doesn't list a min GPA and that could lead to questions by flags who need to sign off on this.

I could see this being used mainly for aviation and SWO, SEAL and EOD probably would for those that are enlisted SEAL and EOD. This appears to be a 2 year test, so I would be those picked under this program will be tracked for success.

Jacksa71

I plan on submitting my package to the May board and through the new PA. the worse they can do is say no. only thing that sucks about my package is my ASTB score which are the minimum scores which is why I going for SNFO.

exNavyOffRec

I plan on submitting my package to the May board and through the new PA. the worse they can do is say no. only thing that sucks about my package is my ASTB score which are the minimum scores which is why I going for SNFO.
The nice thing with the ISPP is that as long as you meet the min and the flag endorses you that is pretty much it, so pretty sweet deal for those AD with no waivers.

This could be a great way for you to get in even though you have min for SNFO.

Triumph_MAC

There seem to always be talks of boards being cancelled. I would say the best option is to call the aviation OCM and ask him if there is talks of cancelling the board. He should have the for sure answer, or at least give a good answer as to the possibility of one happening.

Triumph_MAC

Submit and see what happens. My scores are on the minimum side as well with a 5, 7, 6. I'm studying now though in hopes of getting better scores for this upcoming May board, if there is a May board. That new PA is a really sweet option for AD folks. If I wasn't over the age cutoff, i'd submit for one under that program. The way it reads to me is that, as long as your first flag endorses you, you have a pro Y. I could be wrong with that, but thats how I was reading it.

Jacksa71

Well the packages still go to a board for review. Making the chances of getting accepted higher. Also four boards year since they “should” have a board every quarter as subject by the PA.

BDavis11

Contributor
Hey Guys,

This is going to be my 3rd board. Lets hope its a charm! Changes made to my package.... Recruiter changing my ethnicity to Hispanic, New motivational statement, updated rec letters from a retired two star and naval aviators O-6s. Does anybody have a final submission date? I haven't been able to get a hold of my recruiter since the new year.

Male
ASTB: 50 7/9/7
Flight: Commercial, Flight Instructor, 532 Hours
Waivers needed for stupid things done in college (nothing crazy)
NORS-Richmond, VA
APRIL 8TH