• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Was able to get a Capt. on the phone from NRC and what he said was that they didn't really over select for the november board but the pipeline is backed up from the pandemic. He said April board is still planned to continue as normal.
The dashboard says otherwise, data trumps opinion every time.

1641862795017.png
Edit: added the data, -126 means they are 126 over FY 22 goal and there is also the fact that 150 FY 22 selects from boards prior to November were moved into FY 23 due to lack of FY 22 spots, that means there are about 270+ people sitting on FY 23 spots, when FY 22 shipping goal is 286 and shipping goal tends to remain consistent from FY to FY, if you have a FY 23 shipping goal of about 286 and already have 270 waiting that is a concern.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

On a totally different note, I’ll finally be 6 months post LASIK on March 1st and will go to MEPS the first available opportunity. Do I have to get my LASIK waiver before I go to MEPS or is that done after? Will that cause any delays that could mess with the deadline?
you will submit your 6 month post surgery follow up to your recruiter who will submit to MEPS they will verify your are 6 months after surgery and then you can get your physical, afterwards all the data will go to NRC for medical review. It should not mess with the deadline as long as MEPS is on top of things.

Dboom85

Banned
The dashboard says otherwise, data trumps opinion every time.
I don’t know what dashboard you’re talking about but this capt did sound competent and it didn’t sound like he was talking from opinion. I’m going to trust this good news and not worry about the board.

exNavyOffRec

I don’t know what dashboard you’re talking about but this capt did sound competent and it didn’t sound like he was talking from opinion. I’m going to trust this good news and not worry about the board.
It is the document that everything runs off of, not to mention that the person that runs NRC as far as OCS accessions is a Commander, there is no Captain in that mix, there are Captains at NRC but not that get their fingers in OCS numbers except for board chairman.

Again, the data is the data and NRC itself shows the SNA designator is closed and May board is subject to cancellation, the numbers indicate the NFO section is probably going to be ok given the May selections would be mainly for FY 23 and they were on track with those numbers.

Fib

Best thing to do is just leave it up to fate. If the board happens then hell yeah that is great! If it doesn't what more can we really do? The whole thing is out of our hands.

Jettingaway

It is the document that everything runs off of, not to mention that the person that runs NRC as far as OCS accessions is a Commander, there is no Captain in that mix, there are Captains at NRC but not that get their fingers in OCS numbers except for board chairman.

Again, the data is the data and NRC itself shows the SNA designator is closed and May board is subject to cancellation, the numbers indicate the NFO section is probably going to be ok given the May selections would be mainly for FY 23 and they were on track

So the lucky hood of holding a SNFO only board is slim to none if they do not select SNA's at the same time?

exNavyOffRec

So the lucky hood of holding a SNFO only board is slim to none if they do not select SNA's at the same time?
nope, I said the numbers indicate NFO selection is probably going to be ok, going into the boards where they normally start selecting for the next FY you want to see the number of "remaining selections needed" as close to "zero" as possible, that means things are "normal".

Since the "shipping goal" is less than "selection goal" there will be people ready to ship for the next FY, this means they could skip the board, but if they want to do what they normally do they should hold at least the NFO part.

towleba

Pro-Rec Y SNFO FY24
Best thing to do is just leave it up to fate. If the board happens then hell yeah that is great! If it doesn't what more can we really do? The whole thing is out of our hands.
Totally agree. Worrying about it can't help me get better prepared for boards when they do come.

Reactions: Fib

Shheen

Howdy,

Submitted package for the 23 May 22 board with the hopes the board still convenes.

I am active duty and have a package in route for the URLO ISPP. Has anyone received clarification on what is needed to be submitted along with the 1420/1?
@exNavyOffRec you seem to be in the "know" for a good bit of information.

Cheers,
Greg

Dboom85

Banned
Crickets
Howdy,

Submitted package for the 23 May 22 board with the hopes the board still convenes.

I am active duty and have a package in route for the URLO ISPP. Has anyone received clarification on what is needed to be submitted along with the 1420/1?

Cheers,
Greg
hi Gregg, the following spreadsheet is the competition. Feel free to add your information, it’s how we get a gauge from previous boards what the boards look for

Jacksa71

Howdy,

Cheers,
Greg
If you look back a page or two, we already had this discussion somewhat. I’m AD and will be submitting for the May board and the new PA. For me, I’ll be submitting my whole OCS package through the new PA. They can print and throw away any unnecessary items rather then it getting kicked back for not having either items.

Last edited:

Shheen

If you look at a page or two, we already HD this discussion. I’m AD and be submitting for the may board and the new PA. For me, I’ll be submitting my whole OCS package through the new PA.

Those were my initial thoughts, however, my CCC said based off the new PA it should only be the OPNAV 1420/1.

In the end, it really depends on what the Admiral wants to submit and if it gets kicked back due to lack of information I will just have the entire package sent.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers
I just really really really hope they address it AFTER I get selected haha. 2 years of no SNA boards would likely mean the end of this path for me. I'm going to try and ignore the situation so I don't completely panic when I should be prepping for my retake.

I know age waivers are a thing, but I feel like I'd need 9/9/9 ala @flatspinturkeyb
Age waiver at 35 with a 7/6/6. Anything is possible ?