• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

There seem to always be talks of boards being cancelled. I would say the best option is to call the aviation OCM and ask him if there is talks of cancelling the board. He should have the for sure answer, or at least give a good answer as to the possibility of one happening.
The OCM's don't have control over the boards, NRC does.

exNavyOffRec

Well the packages still go to a board for review. Making the chances of getting accepted higher. Also four boards year since they “should” have a board every quarter as subject by the PA.
unless the designator is closed, they give several outs in this PA as well as several fast tracks.

BDavis11

Contributor
unless the designator is closed, they give several outs in this PA as well as several fast tracks.
Is it the same application. Im on pensacola internet in oklahoma so not everything is accessible on the navy internet. Im curious on the due date. I didn't see it on the board schedule.

exNavyOffRec

Is it the same application. Im on pensacola internet in oklahoma so not everything is accessible on the navy internet. Im curious on the due date. I didn't see it on the board schedule.
There are no due dates, this is very flexible from what was described to me they can either hold it in conjunction with the normal board process or outside of it, you just submit and see what happens. If a person is AD and has no waivers I would have them do the ISPP.

BDavis11

Contributor
There are no due dates, this is very flexible from what was described to me they can either hold it in conjunction with the normal board process or outside of it, you just submit and see what happens. If a person is AD and has no waivers I would have them do the ISPP.
I agree. Looks like a huge jump for AD as long as you meet the requirements. Especially considering pilot or NFO

FloridaDad

Just don’t do it. Us AD people went through a lot of bullshit to here to this point.
i know, just overly stressing about the possibility of sitting on a package for a year plus with no board and possibly aging out due to that. Just me freaking out.

Dboom85

Banned
Was able to get a Capt. on the phone from NRC and what he said was that they didn't really over select for the november board but the pipeline is backed up from the pandemic. He said April board is still planned to continue as normal.

FloridaDad

Was able to get a Capt. on the phone from NRC and what he said was that they didn't really over select for the november board but the pipeline is backed up from the pandemic. He said April board is still planned to continue as normal.
I hope you’re right man! And by April I’m assuming you mean April deadline for May board?

FloridaDad

On a totally different note, I’ll finally be 6 months post LASIK on March 1st and will go to MEPS the first available opportunity. Do I have to get my LASIK waiver before I go to MEPS or is that done after? Will that cause any delays that could mess with the deadline?