• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Thunder

Regardless if this board happens or not, the soonest we would go to OCS would be around July 2023 since that would be around the start of FY 24 right? Alot of the people on the last board got dates for summer 2023 so would it be correct to think that we would go to OCS soon after them?

Regardless if this board happens or not, the soonest we would go to OCS would be around July 2023 since that would be around the start of FY 24 right? Alot of the people on the last board got dates for summer 2023 so would it be correct to think that we would go to OCS soon after them?
I would assume anywhere from March - August of 2023 would be our ocs start date.

Triumph_MAC

That is a good point actually. Thank you!
I’d be cautious with that though. The whole Navy knows we did an official and if you for-go those scores and replace them with a mock score, it may raise eye brows. I would submit your actual scores with a mock score. Just crush the mock and the board will see your improvement.
If you don’t mind me asking, what even did you not do so hot on?

I’d be cautious with that though. The whole Navy knows we did an official and if you for-go those scores and replace them with a mock score, it may raise eye brows. I would submit your actual scores with a mock score. Just crush the mock and the board will see your improvement.
If you don’t mind me asking, what even did you not do so hot on?
I literally misread how many Push-ups I needed for the next category. But I also wasn't exactly shooting for an excellent because the ispp PA hadn't been released when I did my PFA. I needed like 2 Push-ups for an excellent.

Kdot_1

The dates for OCS that the last board received were for classes that are in the back half of 2022, not the summer of 2023.IMG_9141.jpg

FloridaDad

I'm hoping and praying that being in my 30's would ironically get me shipped out a little quicker haha. But I don't think that'll really matter to them unless I'm dangerously close to my 32nd birthday.

Jacksa71

Last n final attempt. I blew it.

51 5/5/5

Test: a lot of questions I haven’t seen from my previous tests for the OAR. PBM, I made stupid mistakes that I wish I can take back. I do feel like I messed up more on this test than my previous ones though. Good luck to everyone else trying.

Talked with the NRC personal that does officer packages for civilians only. They predict cancellation as well for the may board because of the dashboard blacked out.

Last edited:

Tracker95

I'm hoping and praying that being in my 30's would ironically get me shipped out a little quicker haha. But I don't think that'll really matter to them unless I'm dangerously close to my 32nd birthday.
Ask your recruiter for an earlier ship date, be ready to leave with in a two week period. I did this and went to OCS 6 months earlier then my ship date. Openings happen and if your recruiter isn’t aware your willing to go, he/she may not look at openings

Last n final attempt. I blew it.

51 5/5/5

Test: a lot of questions I haven’t seen from my previous tests for the OAR. PBM, I made stupid mistakes that I wish I can take back. I do feel like I messed up more on this test than my previous ones though. Good luck to everyone else trying.

Talked with the NRC personal that does officer packages for civilians only. They predict cancellation as well for the may board because of the dashboard blacked out.
What was your attempt before that? At least you still meet the mins and the 51 is a good oar if you want to apply for another designator.

Jacksa71

What was your attempt before that? At least you still meet the mins and the 51 is a good oar if you want to apply for another designator.
4/5/5.

UVA: I did better last time. Bombed it this time.
Listening: I did good
Tracking: okay
Tracking and listening: okay
Emergency: I did all 3. Got into the red twice because I didn’t pay attention to what I was doing. At this point I thought it was already over for me.

I plan on applying for other designators since there might be a cancellation. Still applying for the new PA though

FloridaDad

Ask your recruiter for an earlier ship date, be ready to leave with in a two week period. I did this and went to OCS 6 months earlier then my ship date. Openings happen and if your recruiter isn’t aware your willing to go, he/she may not look at openings
Hopefully I get to take advantage of that!

Triumph_MAC

I reached out to Mr. Celestin and asked about the May board. He just said, I accept AD packages 365 days a year. If your package doesn't make a board, it gets rolled to the next one.... He didn't answer as to whether there will, or will not, be a May board.

Tumbleweed33

4/5/5.

UVA: I did better last time. Bombed it this time.
Listening: I did good
Tracking: okay
Tracking and listening: okay
Emergency: I did all 3. Got into the red twice because I didn’t pay attention to what I was doing. At this point I thought it was already over for me.

I plan on applying for other designators since there might be a cancellation. Still applying for the new PA though
On the bright side your OAR is not bad. If you still want to be a Naval Officer that's a very viable option with other designators

willmur

Thanks everyone for all the updates on the May board. Looks like nothing is official yet, but this may soon become the 1AUG2022 thread!