• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Jacksa71

On the bright side your OAR is not bad. If you still want to be a Naval Officer that's a very viable option with other designators
Yes, however, my time-in-service is 10 years. Most PA want people under eight years. So I am somewhat limited on designators.

Triumph_MAC

Yes, however, my time-in-service is 10 years. Most PA want people under eight years. So I am somewhat limited on designators.
Have you looked into other branches? The Army WOFT program is pretty solid. They did recently make changes to the obliserv and did a TIG reset for WO1’s. Still an overall solid program to fly.
I’ve got over 10 and until I get a do not return, I’ll still apply. You never know what the board will be looking. Being at 10 years is not that bad.

Jacksa71

Have you looked into other branches? The Army WOFT program is pretty solid. They did recently make changes to the obliserv and did a TIG reset for WO1’s. Still an overall solid program to fly.
I’ve got over 10 and until I get a do not return, I’ll still apply. You never know what the board will be looking. Being at 10 years is not that bad.
Oh yeah, I will submit my package SNA and SNFO because why not? As of right now, I’m submitting for the next AMDO board and maybe the next supply and intel boards.

exNavyOffRec

I reached out to Mr. Celestin and asked about the May board. He just said, I accept AD packages 365 days a year. If your package doesn't make a board, it gets rolled to the next one.... He didn't answer as to whether there will, or will not, be a May board.
That is what I would expect, often the processors are the last to know about board changes. If a situation comes up where boards for a specific designator are cancelled for several boards in a row it is up to the PM to reject or Pro X those applications based on when they think a board will happen again.

Triumph_MAC

That is what I would expect, often the processors are the last to know about board changes. If a situation comes up where boards for a specific designator are cancelled for several boards in a row it is up to the PM to reject or Pro X those applications based on when they think a board will happen again.
I had spoken to an OIC of a recruiting district and that member had mentioned their recruiting district was told to not process anymore aviation kits until next FY. They also said that could mean pers has max applicants it wants, they are going to have an AD only board, or the designator is closed.

Disclaimer, I’m not sure what district said OIC is in charge of.

exNavyOffRec

I had spoken to an OIC of a recruiting district and that member had mentioned their recruiting district was told to not process anymore aviation kits until next FY. They also said that could mean pers has max applicants it wants, they are going to have an AD only board, or the designator is closed.

Disclaimer, I’m not sure what district said OIC is in charge of.
If it was an email from NRC then every NRD should be telling their applicants they cannot submit their applications, that is what to look for as the civilian applicant are talking to their OR's

Often the NRD CO's or NTAG OIC don't get really involved in officer recruiting, they just go with what the OACR or AOPS is telling them.

They could have an AD only board as the numbers of AD are small and that would at least keep the AD moving, to me that is the right thing to do.

Triumph_MAC

If it was an email from NRC then every NRD should be telling their applicants they cannot submit their applications, that is what to look for as the civilian applicant are talking to their OR's

Often the NRD CO's or NTAG OIC don't get really involved in officer recruiting, they just go with what the OACR or AOPS is telling them.

They could have an AD only board as the numbers of AD are small and that would at least keep the AD moving, to me that is the right thing to do.
That would definitely be nice for the AD folks, but thats just me being selfish.... With the January board being cancelled and those packages rolling into a potential May board, anyone submitting at this point may inevitability get rolled.

exNavyOffRec

That would definitely be nice for the AD folks, but thats just me being selfish.... With the January board being cancelled and those packages rolling into a potential May board, anyone submitting at this point may inevitability get rolled.
even though the dashboard says no January board there was no January board on any previous released schedules, I think that is causing confusion and NRC should do more than just update the numbers as many of the next board dates listed are still in 2021

FloridaDad

even though the dashboard says no January board there was no January board on any previous released schedules, I think that is causing confusion and NRC should do more than just update the numbers as many of the next board dates listed are still in 2021
It would be nice if they gave us some answers. I’ve been advised by several family members and friends to never count on the military doing something like that that would make sense though hahaha

Triumph_MAC

Thats something else I was curious about. I hadn't heard of any January boards until this forum. I didn't really pay too much attention to the schedule either though, outside of planing for the May board that is.

Jstalz

Or the JAN2023 thread…
I'm not sure if I am thinking about this in the right way, but I would think that if the May and Aug boards were canceled, it would make sense for the Oct2022 board to still happen since by the time November 2022 comes around, all of the FY23 SNAs and SNFOs will have shipped to OCS or will be shipping out that month. I hope I'm not being too optimistic haha

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure if I am thinking about this in the right way, but I would think that if the May and Aug boards were canceled, it would make sense for the Oct2022 board to still happen since by the time November 2022 comes around, all of the FY23 SNAs and SNFOs will have shipped to OCS or will be shipping out that month. I hope I'm not being too optimistic haha
Shipping for FY 23 selects would generally be from July 2022 until June 2023, but they could ship most early, or like FY 22 most had shipped to OCS by Dec 2021. In most cases they don't start picking the next FY until March, but they can pick some early to keep people interested.

but when people ship to OCS has no bearing on if they have boards or not. This really is going to be a wait and see situation for a good portion of the year.