• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Jstalz

correct, but what you need to see when the at board list comes is if you were submitted before they closed it to any more submissions.
Ok so just to I make sure I have this straight, even if your application was submitted before the dashboard was updated to show that the May board was closed, it still might not make it to the board, since the board could have been closed anytime between 1/21 and when the new dashboard came out? We don’t know when it was closed exactly?

FloridaDad

looks like 157 spots remaining for the fy, divided by 4 board leads me to believe they're looking to take 39 from each board... but my question is could they take more spots up front and cancel future boards? Maybe @exNavyOffRec can shed some light on this
I wonder if they'll cap each board at 60 or so applicants... if so the earlier we get stuff in the better!

exNavyOffRec

The cap is flexible, and if they decided to stick with the 60 cap anyone that applied after mid Jan would be the next board as on the mid Jan dashboard they already had 60 listed, they can sometimes go over the cap. The other thing is the cap doesn't include 3rd choice so if a person put SNA or SNFO 3rd they won't show up.

They can select more and that would count against the future boards, that has happened in the past but that was when they didn't stick to the cap, recently with other designators they have been underselecting.

One thing to keep in mind is the numbers for each board selection is based on NRC selection number, that is about 40% over what is needed to ship to OCS to account for losses and get ready for the beginning of the next FY, by the numbers if the FY 23 shipping goal is the same as FY 22 shipping goal they have pretty much already filled FY 23 shipping goal.

Dboom85

Banned
The cap is flexible, and if they decided to stick with the 60 cap anyone that applied after mid Jan would be the next board as on the mid Jan dashboard they already had 60 listed, they can sometimes go over the cap. The other thing is the cap doesn't include 3rd choice so if a person put SNA or SNFO 3rd they won't show up.

They can select more and that would count against the future boards, that has happened in the past but that was when they didn't stick to the cap, recently with other designators they have been underselecting.

One thing to keep in mind is the numbers for each board selection is based on NRC selection number, that is about 40% over what is needed to ship to OCS to account for losses and get ready for the beginning of the next FY, by the numbers if the FY 23 shipping goal is the same as FY 22 shipping goal they have pretty much already filled FY 23 shipping goal.
Why do you say people submitted after mid January would be in the next board? My app was submitted on Feb 7th

vbts13

Gotcha... Now texting my recruiter to try and get some confirmation as to when I was submitted. I believe he sent if off the first week of January but want to check with him so there are no surprises when the at board list comes out

Dboom85

Banned
Gotcha... Now texting my recruiter to try and get some confirmation as to when I was submitted. I believe he sent if off the first week of January but want to check with him so there are no surprises when the at board list comes out
I'm curious, ask your recruiter if your at the board, mine said I wasn't yet. Might be a dumb question

exNavyOffRec

Why do you say people submitted after mid January would be in the next board? My app was submitted on Feb 7th
It depends on if they cap at 60 and role the others over, it really also depends how many were processed after that mid Jan report, the 59 to 83 is only a 24 difference which is less than 1 app per state.

The only way to know is when the at board list comes out in May, otherwise the system will just say you are "at board" but that could be May or August.
I'll keep you updated, just texted him and asked if I was submitted in time for the May board, or if I was pushed to August
He can just look at the cutoff date he won't have any other info until the at board list comes out.

Dboom85

Banned
It depends on if they cap at 60 and role the others over, it really also depends how many were processed after that mid Jan report, the 59 to 83 is only a 24 difference which is less than 1 app per state.

The only way to know is when the at board list comes out in May, otherwise the system will just say you are "at board" but that could be May or August.

He can just look at the cutoff date he won't have any other info until the at board list comes out.
so my current app status according to my recruiter says "not on a pro board", is everyone's going to say that or does than mean I'm going to be Pushed to August?

vbts13

Yep, this is what my recruiter just confirmed to me. He said my kit was awaiting board assignment at the PMs desk as of January 26th. but he said we won't know for sure until the at board list comes out. Fingers crossed ?

Last edited:

Dboom85

Banned
Does anyone how this is going to work out for me if I ProRec-Y on this board but I don't graduate college until Spring 2023?

Like when would OCS start and when would we ship after this board is over?

I retook my ASTB today but I forgot to ask these questions to my recruiter while I was down there.

Would I have time to finish my degree before I ship?
Imma pull a Exnavyoffrec and say you probably won’t get a pro-rec-Y until you’re closer to graduating. I would imagine even if you have an ASTB of 80/9/9/9 but you don’t graduate for a year and a half they would prioritize applicants that can leave sooner despite ocs dates being a year out

Reactions: Fib

exNavyOffRec

Roger. I figured it seemed a bit rushed to get my package submitted to this board since my graduation date is so far out. Unless OCS class date for this board lands in summer/fall of 23.
August would be the more realistic board for you to go to, but probably plan for OCS July 2023 or later.